Veteran wish listing

Altasmurf

Hey ladies and gents. As we know vets got pretty stripped down in the index for 8th. I'm curios to see how they will be implemented in the new codec when ever it drops. I'm gonna list some thing I hope they do with them, but I'm interested what every one else is hoping for.

1. The return of doctrines. I'm hoping both camo cloaks and carapace make a return. I don't use either but I hate when fluffy choices are lost.

2. Demo charge access. It was doctrine before so I'm hoping it just becomes a special weapon option. Even a one off like the heavy flamer.

3. Laspistol chainsword option. Back in 3 rd I played catachan and often used their veteran assault squads. It would be great if vets brought this back.

4. increased bs or ws. The option to improve either. I get bs will always be the best option but I would love to rock a ws 3+ squad with a vet Sgt that hits on 4s with his powerfist.

What would you like to see.

I'm hoping that Doctrines come back as an army wide thing, similar to space marine chapter tactics. Maybe that's why they were removed from Vets?

Otherwise I agree with your list. Not sure what else I'd change about them as I don't see them returning to the troops slot. Why take infantry squads that can't blob, when vets are an option for just a few more points. Now if you want all vets you have to run a spearhead detachment and I think that's fair/ balanced.