Stormblade Tactics/ Help

Charlo

So I'm considering converting up a Stormbade due to it's awesome looking nature but I can't help but feel the rules are a little... Underwhelming, much like the transition a lot of the "big guns" have had into 8th.

2D6 hits on the Plasma Blastgun is an average of 7 hits and then when you factor in the BS4+... It's 3.5 hits from an averagely powered Heavy Weapon that you still need to wound with. You can supercharge it without much risk but even then, not a huge amount.

I initially wanted to add one into my Ad Mech force as it seems quite a techy vehicle and something they may use, but is there anything on the AM side of things I can buff this with or even out it's performance?

Looking closer with points too...

The Basic Baneblade is less than 25pts more expensive than the Stormblade and it's main gun is a constantly powered up Plasma Blastgun but with no downsides. It's missing a set of sponsons in the cost but can also take up to FOUR when the Stormblade only gets the two it starts with....

When you consider the point of the Stormblade was that it had either 7" or 10" Blasts every turn, it's looking like a Shadow of it's former self - it's got a worse Plasma Blastgun than the Titan has now :(

Edited by Charlo