Why no love for Corvus?

Wargamer

It is a shame, Corvus armor is the most competently, unique, reasonable looking marine helmet. It stands out from all of the others and screams "I AM AN ORIGINAL IDEA' far more than the horrible looking MK 7 Aquila Darth Vader wannabe helmet does. I have no idea why GW switched over to MK 7 when it is completely uninspired ripping of Darth Vader complete with the angry-face rebreather.

My only complaint of Corvus armor is that the helmet ought to have the distinctive conical point of the hounskull they are based off of.

ebdf6dd4c0a5d113f41e7eb8b5cc110b.jpg

It's an ideal shape though, excellent for glancing blades and claws off or gunshots. It's a shame GW never made a round-faced bascinet marine helm.

36bf59682d9c3a8405aeb16ca5a5ac86.jpg

Which looks even more imposing and features much-needed neck protection.

But they did. On Sisters of Battle, to be fair. Or am I wrong?

All my veterans have the Mk VI helmet. Not too clued up on the rest of the armour so everything else is mix n match.

Sisters wear Sallets, not Bascinets.

Corvus armour is easily my second favourite after MK IV.

I've had this idea stuck in my head for quite a while now of creating a small 1000 points-ish "modern" Rogue Trader army, using all FW MK VI and Deimos tanks, with Rogue Trader markings and equipment styles. I really want to attempt some conversions that emulate the old metal figures as well like these guys:

http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/c100sms/wd100p31rt101SpaceMarinesx-01.jpg

Alas, it is just but one of many projects swimming around in my head that I can't afford to do at the moment.

Corvus armour is easily my second favourite after MK IV.

I've had this idea stuck in my head for quite a while now of creating a small 1000 points-ish "modern" Rogue Trader army, using all FW MK VI and Deimos tanks, with Rogue Trader markings and equipment styles. I really want to attempt some conversions that emulate the old metal figures as well like these guys:

http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/c100sms/wd100p31rt101SpaceMarinesx-01.jpg

Alas, it is just but one of many projects swimming around in my head that I can't afford to do at the moment.

I'd love to do a RT style force. I'm not good enough painter to do the markings but I can do the stripe down the helmets at least. Deimos Pattern Tanks and Proteus pattern Landraiders are a must.

I think the only way they'd do a Mk6 plastic squad is if we got a siege of Terra Heresy game or something along the lines of the two previous boxed games.

I think MK 6 is probably my favourite armour, maybe a little nostalgia creeping in there but to me it is the iconic armour of the game as a whole taking into account the last thirty years. I was working on an entirely plastic beakie heresy era force at one point, it can be done but the problem for me was I had to settle with Mk 4 arms and bolters then the Primaris thing happened.

I did pick up twenty of the forgeworld Mk6 guys and they are serious nice models, supporting them with Deimos Rhinos and Proteus Land Raiders would be a nostalgic dream for me.

MkVI is relatively rare in both the 30k and 40k settings. Maybe that's why it hasn't received too much love from GW? It isn't the dominant armour mark in either of GW's most popular and profitable settings.

It wasn't being actively distributed. It was being tested in the final prototype stage.

There's no fluff discrepancy here. The Heresy sprung up so quickly that the Legion that was assigned to test the prototype armor was still wearing it at Istvaan V.

No one else had it because, as you said, the bulk of the new suits were on Mars.

How the Alpha Legion ended up with suits of it is anyone's guess.

It's implied that the Alpha Legion secretly acquired the plans for MkVI and built their own suits, slightly differently to the 'offical' suits worn by the Raven Guard.