New raven guard player looking for some guidence!

Kimbo

Some thoughts from Playing 3 games of 8th over the weekend:

our CT and stratagem are very powerful, but in order to use the stratagem effectively you will NEED to limit your total drops to secure a first turn, and preferably hit hard with something heavy. Tartaros and cataphractii terminators (I prefer tartaros for fluff) seem to be the best choices here with the combination of firepower and chop they bring, use some reivers to turn off overwatch.

Devastator Centurions might be a hidden gem for us now, they might be expensive, but with RG tactics are as durable and more effective than a comparable number of points in dreadnoughts or tanks

What are peoples opinions on skimmers and fliers this edition as well any recommendations for loading them out?

The only skimmer I have XP w/ would be the land speeder storm and am hopeful it may come into it's own in this Editon..return of the Melta-torpedo?I can only hope!w/ the LSS being slight ly more durable this time around use as a gun/melta platform until it takes a wound or two and crash it(assault) something armored next turn(HA!)scout sgt. Combi plasma,melta bomb,power fist you choose picks up the spare!GLORIOUS! Edited by ONDIG

I have played two games with my LSS this edition, and both made it feel extremely over-priced, and not very effective. To take advantage of its cost, it NEEDS to be moving and taking objectives, but to do that infers the penalty to move it.

I feel like GW had an equation that they took 7th edition costs of a vehicle, ran the 7th cost through it, output the 8th, and make minor adjustments, then Ta-Da. The LSS feels like it got that but then lost all its special-stuff that made it great (Deployment interference, Scout Move, Blind, etc).

It's only shining grace is being our only open topped vehicle. Best setup I can think of at the moment is Shotguns, Sargent w/e Combi-Flamer, and Heavy Flamer on the Storm itself.

But ... the LSS does not have any alternate weapon options anymore.  HB + Cerberus only.  Am I reading the Codex wrong?

Are you reading the new codex or the index? Index shows Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer or Assault Cannon as options. I would say if it's different in the new codex, it's because the LSS model kit only comes with an HB, but if you have a model with another weapon already, I'd argue it's ok to still use the Index version...

But ... the LSS does not have any alternate weapon options anymore.  HB + Cerberus only.  Am I reading the Codex wrong?

Are you reading the new codex or the index? Index shows Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer or Assault Cannon as options. I would say if it's different in the new codex, it's because the LSS model kit only comes with an HB, but if you have a model with another weapon already, I'd argue it's ok to still use the Index version...

Codex, yet I think that thinking is correct upon consideration.

The loss of deepstrike and scout is distressing.The loss of blind as well?why does GW hate the LSS,so much?All the same I'll give it the college try as Melta torpedo /Dakka magnet.Other wise seems that LSS goes from skirmishers to Backfield Objective Camper.Keeps Scouts safe on home objective and as required can skedaddle to contest or steal opponents objectives.Might do Ok in Maelstrom games?