What to use for =][= acolytes?

I had an idea ages ago for a list of Culexus Assassins supported by Inquisitors and Psykers. To round out the list, I tracked down the Crowmantians from Anvil Industry. Touch small compared to Space Marines, but I figured it was reverse true scaling. Seem to recall them being cheaper than £11 for 6 (maybe they had a discount going at the time?), but they worked out pretty good. Too bad I never got around to running that list...ehh! 

Anvil are the right call, but you want the regiments range. There's a dedicated not-hot shot lasgun:

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/Regiments/Weapons-Accessories/Phase-Lance-Ex1-400x400.jpg

There's a also a bewildering array of heads torsos and legs, so they can be as heavily or lightly armoured as you see fit, the pic above shows one of the more heavily armoured variants:
http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Regiments-Range-Guide

The Scion hotshot lasgun arms attach easily to other Guard torsos, so you could slap them on Cadian or Catschan torsos with similarly down-armoured Cadian/Catachan legs.

If you want to go third party, in addition to Anvil, there's Victoria Miniatures. She has bitz for a variety of IG looks and styles including Praetorians, 2nd edition Cadian, Mordian, penal legion, Anzac, highlanders, WWI trench coat types ...

https://victoriaminiatures.com

I'd be rather surprised if GW didn't encourage ways of incorporating Necromunda miniatures into 40k. Given that our Shadow War: Armageddon list included numerous wargear options for Acolytes which are not currently in our Index list, I suspect auto/las/shotguns might become options whenever we get a Codex.

Old Empire Hunters/Freeguild Archers were something I was hoping to convert up. Their trousters/coats are suitable enough they could easily pass as civilians, and their arms might easily link in with some other models - e.g. Skitarii, various boltguns/lasguns. Hell, doing slightly daft sci-fi bows and arrows might do the trick.

In the same vein: I'm intending to do up a few Kharadron Overlords Companies in this way.

The new Necromunda stuff is going to be great for Acolytes but if like me and impatient then I'd recommend Skitarii. You can kit bash them with guard or keep them as they are with weapon swaps but with the right paint job they fit the bill for me.

-Noctem

Get ahold of some combination of plastic kitsb including but not limited to:

WHFB Empire Infantry

WHFB Chaos Marauders

Cadians

Catachans

Skitaari

AoS Kairic Acolytes

Now mix and match liberally to taste to get a bunch of Acolytes.

They're a unit where there's really no bad way to represent it, and lots of very cool ways to mish mash humanity's finest.

• 1 month later...
I am using some old metal Arbites mixed with some REALY old Confrontation models (pre Necramunda, under-hive gang, game). I would love to use my space cops for what they are but untill then, they can serve as accloytes. The 5+ armour dose rule out Stormtroopers in my mind and that is a shame for so many reasons. The WYSIWYG in me is too strong. It would give me a eye twitch to not explain how my Accloytes have a 4+ save, like my other ones...... Edited by Lord Lorne Walkier

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I think Plasmablasts is right, as long as their weapons are WYSIWYG I don't see any issue with Solar Auxillia. I think Solar Auxillia could even pass as regular Guardsmen in 40K so I think only a total :censored:  would have any issue with them as Acolytes, so long as their wargear is right.

Strict WYSIWYG isn’t possible, but most substitutions should be straightforward: lasrifles as hot-shots, for example. The volkite chargers could be plasma guns or stormbolters. The power axes are odd though; I’ve just noticed that power axes aren’t listed in our melee weapon options in the Index. I suspect that that is an oversight, as the sword and maul are both in, and I’d be happy to let an opponent use them as axes; however, you might want to count them as swords (or maybe fists).

(It’s a pretty consistent omission - axes aren’t listed in the Inquisition melee weapon’s list in the main entry or in either the points list or the weapon profiles list in the appendix.)

Edited by Plasmablasts