The New Codex and Raven Guard

SkimaskMohawk

Yea they're forgeworld; the chaos version of the Cerberus heavy tank destroyer and the whirlwind Scorpius. Lord is a chaos lord for rerolls.

Chaos holds a big advantage in that their Cerberus has BS 2, an extra shot an extra point of AP and an extra minimum damage for a total of 20 minimum dmg at -6 if you wound everytime (very high chance). The Scorpius can be spammed unlike in normal marine lists

I was under the impression at one point you could only have one 30k-era unit in your army (per the Relics of the Armory rules), to limit your ability to spamming 30k vehicles in 40k only to 30k, with a few exceptions.

Does anything like that exist in the new FW Index? (I dont have my copy yet - sounds strong though!)

So what do my fellow Shadow Captains think of a Lieutenant with a Jump Pack, MC Boltgun, and the Teeth of Terra for an HQ right around 16 Melta Bombs?

Thinking of pairing him with a Jump Chappy for reroll Boogaloo or a Jump Librarian to amp him up.

Probably use Sternguard legs, and fancy bolter, and a Vanguard torso and jump pack. Any suggestions for the teeth?

Also, how should I denote him being a lieutenant, given our Chapter's distinct markings? White arms of course, but what about the beaky helmet?

Concerning marking: the Primaris primer in Dark Imperium suggested the Lieutenant had a black helmet.  If the PA Lieutenant is treated the same way, then the helmet would be black with white arms.  If the skull sigil was used on the left pad, that could be enough to denote his position within the detatchment/company/Chapter.

Or maybe use a white stripe on the helmet?  I may do that actually ...

Sounds good to me, I'll be running mine supporting some Aggressors with SftS, so a JP HQ is perfect to land bubblewrapped by the shooty unit he's buffing. Plus, if you make him the Warlord, he can use that Storm of Fire trait!

Re: ranking, I thought the Primaris primer showed a form of Veteran Sergeant livery; that is, standard helmet color (for Primaris) with a red stripe sandwiched by white stripes. Obviously this isn't ideal for RG who aren't quite as codex compliant! I would feel weird giving a Lieutenant a white helmet if my veterans had white helmets and normal troopers had black. If you aren't using red to denote sergeants in the rest of your force, why not use red on a white helmet to denote Lieutenancy?

My force is going a bit unorthodox, running white faces (can't remember which frater I stole that from) for all marines. No white arms and no white helms for veterans, just white trim on the right hand (marine's right) shoulder pad and the Elite transfer. Then Sergeants have red helms with white faces, with no unique Veteran Sergeant marking since they already have a red helm and white pad trim. So my Lieutenant will likely have a "normal" helmet, Company color on his right shoulder pad trim, and an HQ transfer and then just have fancier armor or something like that to show his status.

That shows Ultramarine (i.e. Codex) style. I meant from with the DI box, which shows the LT with a black helmet. But that's for Primaris. As RG can use white helmets for officers, then a middle-ground could be a stripe I suppose.

Heres how I've done my foot and jump Lt's

gallery_87434_12256_521882.jpg

Sternguard legs would be neat, I only had spare Mk7 Tac marine legs... Even maybe some Mk3 or 4 would be neat?

I think I used a left over VV chest + ASM pack for my foot guy. No hints as to where I sourced my jump Lt from!

The VV chainswords are fairly elaborate, why not use them?

Beaky helmet is a must (although in my army if they dont have a Corvus helmet, its because theyre not wearing a helmet ;) )

Hrmm I hadn't thought about markings
I had just assumed he would be white helmet + white arms irrespective of Primaris or regular Marines

My VV Sgt's are white + white so I'm not sure why a high rank would be even less?

You could argue he doesn't need the white arm's because he might not necessarily be 1st Co?

I haven't gone through all the fluff in my codex yet, does it say where they are sourced from and where they fit?

So what do my fellow Shadow Captains think of a Lieutenant with a Jump Pack, MC Boltgun, and the Teeth of Terra for an HQ right around 16 Melta Bombs?

Been using one with the Primarchs Wrath and he's been great with my Raptors.

Been using one with the Primarchs Wrath and he's been great with my Raptors.

I bet you miss Nihilus, and Ex Tenebris as much as I do as well.

I can see an ancient with aggressors being annoying, but on the whole I haven't really seen the attraction of ancients. Shooting again is nice, but other than dakka aggros, models don't really have enough shooting to make the 50/50 worth it