Primaris Marine Veterans?

War Angel

Read though the new codex. Because it's not "codex primaris"(thank god) the lore is split up between primaris and regular marines, and as such I don't know nearly as much about them as I do about regulars.

Do they have a veteran company? Do they join the veteran company? Normally the veteran company is 50/50 sternguard and vanguard. While a battle company is 60/20/20 lineman assault support or heavy support.

So where do all the new primaris units fit? Are aggressors heavysupport or linemen? Or are they Veterans as they are an elite choice. I can't remember the names of the others now. Damnit.

While I'm here, where are the divisions/battalions at? There not in the codex, and the store told me not to get the index because everything would be in the codex.

I doubt there's too many that qualify as veterans yet. Some of them have literally never fought at all, and they don't even spend time in a Scout company or the like.

Looking at the Codex though, it seems that Primaris mostly slot into existing company structures, so i'd imagine there would eventually be veteran Primaris squads alongside the Vanguard/Sternguard.

Primaris are indeed absorbed in the existing companies; about vets, remeber that while hte Cawl Primaris have been around for less time, many old marines have undergone the upgrade procedure.

In fact, while there are no vet formations, there are surely veteran Primaris ( the Primaris Ancient for one).

The new force divisions are "Battleline", "Close Support" and "Fire Support", but these seem to basically conform to the Tactical/Assault/Devastator assignments. We don't have any information about a Primaris only Chapter yet.

There aren't Divisions/Battalions for Space Marines of any stripe and these haven't existed in Marine lore as long as I've known it, which is going back to 2nd Edition.

Primaris are indeed absorbed in the existing companies; about vets, remeber that while hte Cawl Primaris have been around for less time, many old marines have undergone the upgrade procedure.

In fact, while there are no vet formations, there are surely veteran Primaris ( the Primaris Ancient for one).

Good point, i totally forgot this (because it seems....weird to me).

I want Primaris Sternguard with special issue Bolt Rifles. or combi weapons.

Primaris Vanguards also sound fun.

Good point, i totally forgot this (because it seems....weird to me).

I want Primaris Sternguard with special issue Bolt Rifles. or combi weapons.

Primaris Vanguards also sound fun.

I want these too. I'll bet we get another primaris wave next year with their veteran units. In the mean time I'd like to model some up as sternguard and just use them as truescale versions. 

Has there been any actual fluff that contains a standard Marine that has had the three new Primaris organs added and completed a successful transition to a Primaris Marine? There is nothing that says anything about doing that in a new Codex, and the only reference to that was found in a web-show that anyone has been able to bring up. Was it written out in Dark Imperium?

Without someone actually providing a GW written in-universe example, we should all probably stop saying that this is possible because we don't have any actual proof it is.

Intercessors are Battleline, Inceptors and Reivers are Close Support, Aggressors and the plasma guys are Fire Support.

many primaris marines have been fighting for 100 or so years by this point, not to mention any "black ops" stuff they did for cawl prior to being revealed.

So yeah, lore wise there must be veterans, rule wise? none yet.

I love the idea of veteran primaris in the future though.

Has there been any actual fluff that contains a standard Marine that has had the three new Primaris organs added and completed a successful transition to a Primaris Marine? There is nothing that says anything about doing that in a new Codex, and the only reference to that was found in a web-show that anyone has been able to bring up. Was it written out in Dark Imperium?

Without someone actually providing a GW written in-universe example, we should all probably stop saying that this is possible because we don't have any actual proof it is.

Intercessors are Battleline, Inceptors and Reivers are Close Support, Aggressors and the plasma guys are Fire Support.

I dont think there is any proof of it, nope

I'd say the veterans they have at this point are basically the characters they have.

The thing with veterans is they tend to be very adjustable for the needs of a particular mission since they are trained and armed with a vast array of weapons and some can even be deployed in terminator armor.

Primaris marines are none if these things at the moment and at least game wise I don't expect us to see anything like that soon as it would undermine the non primaris marines a bit. Maybe in the future.

Maybe they'll gain a command squad of sorts.