Question on Chaos "Allies"

Kinstryfe

I haven't seen an answer to this, and I apologize if I overlooked the answer somewhere, but I have a question about allying different chaos factions together. I have a Renegades and Heretics army, which is put together with Keyword "Chaos." If I want to ally some World Eaters Berzerkers to the army, do they come along as a troops choice as per the World Eaters section (and they are legit blue and white World Eaters), or as Elites per the Chaos Index? Or is it better to wait a week or so and see if the new Codex clarifies it?

Yes if you want World Eater Berzerker they'd be a troop choice for any Chaos army. If you want Berzerker from a different Legion they'd be an Elite choice for any Chaos army. That's per the Index rules, the Codex might change that tho.

Tho you could always just take a World Eater Patrol Detachment alongside your other Chaos stuff if you wanted to. It would even unlock all the World Eater Stratagems etc. you'll get in the Codex which you wouldn't get if you'd just mix them in with other Chaos units in the same Detachment. :wink:

I haven't seen an answer to this, and I apologize if I overlooked the answer somewhere, but I have a question about allying different chaos factions together. I have a Renegades and Heretics army, which is put together with Keyword "Chaos." If I want to ally some World Eaters Berzerkers to the army, do they come along as a troops choice as per the World Eaters section (and they are legit blue and white World Eaters), or as Elites per the Chaos Index? Or is it better to wait a week or so and see if the new Codex clarifies it?

If you just want to take Berzerkers as troops in a Chaos detachment, all you have to do is fill the <Legion> keyword in with World Eaters.

However if you want access to the new WE Legion Trait, WE specific relic and stratagem you will likely need to have at least one detachment where every unit has the World Eaters keyword. I am pretty sure this can be as small as a Patrol Detachment, so it should be very easy to get.

Thanks for the answers That's what I figured but it seemed to be almost too straightforward to be true. You're also likely right about the upcoming Codex and how it'll change things. Thanks again.