Taking the forgeworld plunge...

PaddyG

Hey everyone, 

Some friends are doing a joint shipment from forgeworld next month, and I've decided to jump in on it.

My plans are to get the Chaplain dreadnought (after my dread has been a solid performer) and also to grab the xiphon interceptor.

Looking at working with resin tutorials and rules I think I'm happy with the decision, I'm curious if any of you would have tips or suggestions on things to grab or avoid from forgeworld while I have the shot at free shipping/split costs on customs etc.

Thanks!

I've worked with a ton of FW models building my HH army.  Almost everything i've gotten from them has been great and didn't need any hobby work.  Some things might need straightening (long, thing things, think eldar gun barrels and the like).  Make sure you wash everything before assembling it.  Make sure you clip starting from the gate and work closer to the model (the opposite of clipping plastic sprues).  Otherwise, just enjoy the awesome models!

Thanks man, that's what I needed to hear!

Any favorite models that can be used in 40k?

Hmm...i love the leviathan. It was fun to build and paint. My knight lancer was also really fun to build and paint, and that was the first really large kit i've worked on.

The heresy land raider is also really cool. That style of side sponson makes the tank look sooooo beefy. If i was running a basic god hammer in 40k i would totally use the FW one. Even looks super beef next to the spartan.

gallery_92768_11638_12064.jpg

Edited by Guiltysparc

The heresy land raider is also really cool.  That style of side sponson makes the tank look sooooo beefy.  If i was running a basic god hammer in 40k i would totally use the FW one.  Even looks super beef next to the spartan.

I know FW are basically HH exclusive at this point, but that ain't no Heresy Land Raider. It's a firmly 40k Land Raider, orignially designed for Epic 40,000 (3rd ed, I think). I have many tiny versions of it in a box somewhere. Agreed that it's a gorgeous tank.