BA versus hordes

Benwin007

You can use your existing rhino and some terrain to funnel the horde onto your line perhaps taking them in smaller bites?

If / when you add vehicles they are great for blocking and playing shield wall = Rhinos excel at this.

Consider bulking your death company when you can it is just too small and easy to deal with. (more correctly get another 5 man and split hammers etc)

Points could come from the priest prolly as having 10 dudes (axes etc) is better the 5 buffed IMO at this point level.

I agree with most of the great comments here already really.

On your snipers...

They are pretty costly at this point level especially.

They are not junk and do some very good work, but I really think 10 at 750 points is too many.

I don't think I would run 10 at 2000 myself; but I know others very much like them; as I said they can do work, but you asked so =).

Really consider throwing out some cheap scout screens to trip up the horde advance on their side of the table.

Keep the units small and the horde will eat them and then consolidate 3" and buy you some shooting time is the idea.

This helps against fast nids and if deployed right keeps teleporta boys frustrated too.

You could use them as bubble wrap too, they are just really flex.

It's 115 points for 5 scout snipers with cloaks in the back with the rokkit.

110 points for 10 scouts out on advance screen duty. 2x5 man expendables...

Drop at least 5 snipers imo.

If you have tacticals they are better with a rockit and bolters than the sniper scouts in your situation IMO.

Just throwing out some ideas Man.

Let us know how it goes.

Have fun and make Sanguinius proud whatever happens!!

My original list I ran was 750

HQ

Chaplain hand flamer

Sanguinary priest hand flamer

Troop

2 5man scout squads 4 snipers 1 missle launcher

Elite

5 man death company 2 thunder hammers 3 power axes

Rhino 2 storm bolter and Hunter killer

Heavy

Dev squad 5 man Las plas missle h bolter

Those Scout squads aren't doing you any favours against infantry units really, I would save them for higher points values where you want to use a Battalion Detachment and the enemy may have more characters on the field. It may be worth looking at what other units your collection has to offer, what are some other units you can play/like?
My issue is we have a campaign and we are held to a 25% rule based on total number we play. So example 25 percent of 500 is 125 that means everything besides troops are held to that max number of 125 and that for the whole list not just a formation.

None of that says you have to use two squads of snipers in your list though, unless those are the only models you have for Troops and you have to take X number of Troop options. You're saying you have a hard time with hordes but are allocating 200+ points of your list to character assassination.

We're finding out there's a cap on units outside of Troops, are there Detachment restrictions as well or model/proxy restrictions from your collection (for example do you own/can proxy four heavy flamers for a Devastator squad since that is a decent option here)? Crucial information for getting real help with your conundrum.

Sorry about miss information I'm still new with discussion boards and not talking in person. Proxy allowed and I took scouts because I thought they were cheaper and better option than tactical squads I gather that's wrong now?

The Agressors with eth 2d6 assault flamers are pretty decent and cheap points wise.

I feel really dumb what are agressors. And only assault flamers I know are the normal ones you can buy as base upgrade in most Marine squads.

The Primaris units in Gravis armor with either two flamer weapons or two bolter weapons and missiles. They can shoot twice if they didn't move that turn even.

Sorry about miss information I'm still new with discussion boards and not talking in person. Proxy allowed and I took scouts because I thought they were cheaper and better option than tactical squads I gather that's wrong now?

No worries, just trying to get the whole picture. Any unit is good when used for its intended purpose; sniper scouts want unique targets to shoot at to take advantage of their abilities. Using them to thin out a large unit (when I think horde army I'm thinking 20+ models in units) isn't the best use of those abilities and the rest of your army isn't really making up for that (otherwise this thread wouldn't be happening I suppose). At lower points to be competitive I would look at using other Detachments that don't require the inclusion of Troops. You could use a Novitiate instead of a Priest if you really want to heal stuff, his Strength bonus isn't super effective stacked on axes or hammers and there's some points saved and a step toward a Vanguard Detachment. By all means play sniper Scouts if you want to but unless they're hugely successful in every other match you play I'd drop at least one squad if not both for stuff that has a higher damage output.

Don't have time to read the whole thread right now but I cannot recommend enough a Landspeeder with 2x Heavy flamers. As a speed bump it is beyond compare. 16' move, flame then charge to tie up one big blob. It's not amazingly tough but will probs survive most horde attacks. Then 'fly' keyword lets it jump out and flame again. Used it many times versus gaunt hordes and it's always performed amazingly. It's now target priority no.1 for the Nid player :)

Don't have time to read the whole thread right now but I cannot recommend enough a Landspeeder with 2x Heavy flamers. As a speed bump it is beyond compare. 16' move, flame then charge to tie up one big blob. It's not amazingly tough but will probs survive most horde attacks. Then 'fly' keyword lets it jump out and flame again. Used it many times versus gaunt hordes and it's always performed amazingly. It's now target priority no.1 for the Nid player :)

Dude I love this I gotta use it

Don't have time to read the whole thread right now but I cannot recommend enough a Landspeeder with 2x Heavy flamers. As a speed bump it is beyond compare. 16' move, flame then charge to tie up one big blob. It's not amazingly tough but will probs survive most horde attacks. Then 'fly' keyword lets it jump out and flame again. Used it many times versus gaunt hordes and it's always performed amazingly. It's now target priority no.1 for the Nid player :smile.:

Dude I love this I gotta use it

Seconded. This should get added to the tactics thread. I'm going to give it a try.