How much time have the Traitors experinced?

b1soul

Question about Black Legion...

So Sig has been around for roughly 1,100 years...

How much time has Abaddon, Khayon and co. experienced?

Is this addressed...like how in M41, the Siege was only a few centuries ago to First Claw

Edited by b1soul

Is this addressed...like how in M41, the Siege was only a few centuries ago to First Claw

About the time in the warp - A D-B wrote this beauty:

I will quote him directly - «many aspects that define life in the Empire of the Eye. Within that realm where physical and corporeal laws go to die, temporal stability is another maddening casualty. Time exists only as a fractured idea, different for every one of us.»

It would be impossible to link a set timeline to the Black Legion before their founding because of how they are made up. Different factions joining together. 

We could have a warband facing 10 years in the warp, where as a different section have been there for countless centuries. That is, if it does not roll down to individuals too, who might face different periods of time even being in the same space as their squad.

To put it blunt, time in the warp is a mess.

Each of them has experienced it differently, even among the Ezekarion.

On the opposite side of the same coin, I have known warriors for whom Terra is scarcely a memory at all – the same adrenal rage that flowed in their veins during the Siege still beats through their bodies now. For some of them, chronologically speaking, it has been mere

months or a handful of years since their exile began.

As for myself, I have undertaken missions on my Legion’s behalf that took days to succeed, only to return to Abaddon and the Vengeful Spirit to learn that years had passed aboard our flagship. The reverse is also true. More than once I have waged war in the Black Legion’s name for years, even decades, only to find that practically no time has passed at all.

Specifically they have experienced 2 Easters and 3 Christmas' even though only 6 weeks has passed.

It's always Christmas in the Eye.

Specifically they have experienced 2 Easters and 3 Christmas' even though only 6 weeks has passed.

It's always Christmas in the Eye.

New Year Eve! All presents go to Abaddon/ Rebellion will ensue ;)

The quotes cover it but I think this is actually one of the few examples in the background where it's explicit that yeah, for some it's only been a few decades or centuries but the time dilation can also go the other way. A lot bloody longer than 10,000 years for some, which is uniquely horrific!

There's a good bit near the end of Pratchett's Small Gods that covers how it could be.

"He's been here for a hundred years?"
POSSIBLY NOT. TIME IS DIFFERENT HERE. IT IS MORE ... PERSONAL.
"Ah. You mean a hundred years can pass like a few seconds?"
A HUNDRED YEARS CAN PASS LIKE INFINITY.

The quotes cover it but I think this is actually one of the few examples in the background where it's explicit that yeah, for some it's only been a few decades or centuries but the time dilation can also go the other way. A lot bloody longer than 10,000 years for some, which is uniquely horrific!

There's a good bit near the end of Pratchett's Small Gods that covers how it could be.

"He's been here for a hundred years?"

POSSIBLY NOT. TIME IS DIFFERENT HERE. IT IS MORE ... PERSONAL.

"Ah. You mean a hundred years can pass like a few seconds?"

A HUNDRED YEARS CAN PASS LIKE INFINITY.

Khayon explain almost the same to Inquisition :wink: