Space Marine Voices in Audio Books

I think most of them are done pretty well in all honesty. The problem is, they are space marines and have very very deep voices. Angron and Ferrus were noted as being tectonically low.

When reading them out in the Audiobooks, having a large range of deep voices will just kill the narrative, Half the Audiobook would just be deep booming voices with a high pitched voice chucked in for humans. Its why the majority of voice actors use different accents, so you know who is actually speaking and you have a voice for them, you wont be confused. 

David Timpson's Angron in Butcher's Nails was, just...:wub: :jawdrop:

This... hands down one of the best Primarch performances to date... his Perturabo in Angel Exterminatus was off the scale too.

A pity we are likely never to hear his amazing vocal talents on a Black Library audio again with it being over 3 1/2 years since his last contributions... that's one of the biggest downsides of their audio production moving in house! :down:

I have an issue with how a good half of them sound weak and decrepit.

This guy gets it.

Did we listen to a different book? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBEIXCYTpmc

Also you can do a bunch of deep voices and still have it be perfectly listenable. You can even have deep voices with different accents. Again this is maybe just personal opinion, but every audio book just breaks my immersion because I KNOW Astartes (especially primarchs) should basically sound like a crocodile gifted with speech. They are essentially Aliens to normal humans and they should sound as such.  

This guy gets it.

Also you can do a bunch of deep voices and still have it be perfectly listenable. You can even have deep voices with different accents. Again this is maybe just personal opinion, but every audio book just breaks my immersion because I KNOW Astartes (especially primarchs) should basically sound like a crocodile gifted with speech. They are essentially Aliens to normal humans and they should sound as such.  

If you didn't like the voices in Butcher's Nails, that's cool...you'd just be the first person I've seen say that ;) 

This guy gets it.

If you didn't like the voices in Butcher's Nails, that's cool...you'd just be the first person I've seen say that :wink:

second ;)

I, for one, have been very happy with all the actors handling the audio books and dramas. For me, it's not that important, that Astartes all sound like boots crunching on gravel but that they capture a certain atmosphere. Their voices are very ...hm...evocative, I'd say and give a proper feeling for the characters. Ahriman in a Thousand Sons felt even more like the character he was portrayed to be, because of the splendid job of the voice actor. 

In general, I'm very happy with the quality of the audio books, BL is putting out. I only wish they were doing even more audio dramas like the Garro series or at least longer ones. I love listening to those.

I, for one, have been very happy with all the actors handling the audio books and dramas. For me, it's not that important, that Astartes all sound like boots crunching on gravel but that they capture a certain atmosphere. Their voices are very ...hm...evocative, I'd say and give a proper feeling for the characters. Ahriman in a Thousand Sons felt even more like the character he was portrayed to be, because of the splendid job of the voice actor. 

In general, I'm very happy with the quality of the audio books, BL is putting out. I only wish they were doing even more audio dramas like the Garro series or at least longer ones. I love listening to those.

Tikaram as Horus IS A GOD.

Plus if every BL audio drama would be on the same level of production as the 'Dark Imperium' - BL deserve highest praises available