Are Primaris Termys Going to be a Thing

MadGreek

Just what the topic title says. I put together one of my Primaris Marines (Reiver - looks pretty cool), and he is about the same size as (actually a bit taller than) a Terminator. I know there are Primaris Dreads coming (saw the model, it is HUGE compared to a regular Dread), and a Primaris "Hover Raider." Are there plans that we (any of you cause obviously not me) know of about possible Primaris sized Termys?

Games Workshop is very tight lipped, if a google search doesnt return any rumors I don't know if anyone here has any info because they'd likely have posted it already. Asking store owners they just tell you they know nothing from above.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a maybe but if it happens not for a while. They have been pretty steadfast in saying that they want the Primaris to fill different roles than their small brothers.

This is fairly accurate in the combat roles of their new models, the only one I'd really say overlaps are the HQ choices and the Intercessor (bolt gun dudes) marines. Aggressors do not fill the role of a Terminator or Centurion, maybe somewhat similar to Assault Centurions. Reivers are kind of similar to scouts but their ability to stop Overwatch gives them a somewhat different niche IMO. The Interceptors end up being more of a deep striking short range fire support team rather than a Dev replacement. 

They are doing a decent job of differentiating the Marine and Primaris line. They may get something similar, but probably not straight TDA. DG get some, big ones, so I hope Primaris will get a 2+ options. As of right now they have no 2+ armour options.

This may take a while though. Next Primaris release may be in half a year, one year maybe?

With how quickly codices are comming out I think this edition will last longer than the last few. Supplementals might come out for each codex, but unless there is something that is too big to ignore that breaks the rules 8th will probably last 3 ish years

I thought the whole point of how 8th is formatted is so it's more or less the "last" edition. Outside of any major overhauls to the entire game, going with a living rulebook system and replaceable data slates lets them retool things as needed. I'd expect it to be around longer than 3 years

I don't think there's any info on this, most people say Gravis is the Primaris Terminator suit, and others say they will make a Terminator role for Primaris later on.

If they do make a Primaris Terminator, I hope it looks cool, because I love Terminators. Gravis is pretty good, I just don't like the hood.

I was hoping that Gravis would basically be Primaris Terminator-equivalent armor, but they'd need to errata it to a 2+ Save to really compare.  It's a pity because the Aggressors look wicked, but still no match for Terminators.

Funny you two say that about Gravis - I am putting the Captain together now and noticed he is on a 40mm base instead of 32mm - like a Termie.  Looking closer, with the extra thigh plates, it is very TDA-ish.

Assuming that Primaris stay more-or-less distinct from their smaller brethren, I would say that I doubt it.

Note that there aren't any Primaris Veterans - a prerequisite for being granted the right to wear TDA - and how very few, if any, Primaris are entrusted with some of the older, more ornate weapons of the Chapter (infantry-portable Lascannons and Melta weapons, Thunder Hammers, Power Axes, Storm Shields, Combi-Weapons, etc.)

Given that most of the techniques used to manufacture TDA are lost or heavily guarded secrets, how very few suits of TDA are made in the current setting, and how a Primaris Space Marine wouldn't fit inside a current suit of Terminator Armor, my guess would be no (from an in-universe perspective).

Well I spoke to Phil Kelly at Gencon and asked him this very question. He responded with a sly grin and said "Good question"  I laughed and then so did he. I think it's safe to say they are going to get something, but not necessarily Terminator armor per se

im very interested to see how future primaris stuff will work, i mean... i guess its easy enough for them to just add units whenever they like thanks to rules being in the box, but its still odd to not have them in the codex!

I assume this will work similiarly to the Stormcasts. Over time the Primaris will get other unit types added to their range, all with the explanation that these have been around for the whole Indomitus Crusade. Throw in a short Story on how they were the perfect fit at the Battle for XYZ during the Crusade and done.

So I would assume something akin to Terminators will be part of it.

And maybe further down the line specialized units for the different Chapters. So you could use regular primaris and your chapter specific Primaris unit alongside your Chapter's regular Astartes.

...or play a full Primaris Army, a la Greyshields, and use all Primaris special-units.