Xeno Community Event

Uprising

Just had to double check the date when this ends. Was convinced it was soon for some reason. Now I can relax and not have to stress over this and my Call to Chaos vow.

Quick Wip shot, cant continue until I grab a few paints next tuesday.

gallery_75911_12240_1162631.png

So I have blasted through my initial pledge for this event. I have totally lost my mojo for painting Howling Griffons and wanted something totally different.

Decided after some trial and error to go for an urban night fighting feel to them. The dark greys along with the all over black wash really dulls them down a lot. Have based them the same way as my Griffons and I intent to write some form or narrative at some point later to tie them together. I have Necrons as well so possibly fighting on an old Tomb World?

Also apologies for the red background in advance, it was that or you could enjoy my laundry.

Commander Start

Commander Complete

Fire Warrior Squad Start

Fire Warrior Squad Complete

Ghostkeel Start

Ghostkeel Complete

Marcus Arias, if that is just a test then I cannot wait to see the final result.

Calyptra, enjoy your nap. :smile.:

Really enjoying the Cronos, the amount of detail you have put into it already.

Nusphingor, what is the goblin wearing?

Marshal Wolfhart, excellent reapers.

I have to admit that I have not done a lot this first month. I have however acquired some rocks (courtesy of a fellow gamer) to add a little height and differentiation to the bases for the scarabs.

It's been another busy week without much time to paint, though I managed to get in another 8 hours. This means I've now spent 42 hours painting this thing. It's starting to remind me of Count Rugen's machine in The Princess Bride, which is actually extremely apt, given that it's a Cronos.

My prospects for successfully completing this challenge are dwindling. I've revised my estimate for how long it will take to paint the pain engines up to 60 hours apiece. That means I need to paint for over 2 hours every day until the end of the challenge... assuming my estimates are correct (and the nature of estimates is that they aren't). Fortunately, my schedule just opened up, and I should have a lot of time to paint, at least for a while. So there's a *slim* chance that I might still be able to pull this off.

ljUdUB7.jpg

I'm kind of surprised nobody's told me to knock it off with the action shots. But they haven't, so here's another.

HO2baK9.jpg

1st Warlock is done (though i realized i'll have to apply another go of wash for contrast and clean up some static grass :biggrin.: )

tdnjJrU.jpg

Calyptra you really impress with your dedication! I could never muster that much patience on a single model!

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Work continues on the next model - a T'au Barracuda.
The upper is nearly done to a clean finish but still to do the belly in low-vis grey then the usual detailing and weathering...
About a week to go.

gallery_62353_11005_141956.jpg

been having a lot of internet and technology issues lately, but can finally get some wip shots up for this event!

assembly 

37591186484_6a7dec2420.jpg

38275303192_d043fc538d.jpg

Undercoated (sorry its so dark, no idea how that happened)

38275303022_842434a8bd.jpg

now with paint*! (*still wip)

37591186864_4c3271be29.jpg

37591185964_203b398803.jpg

38275303322_7ef36afeca.jpg

Lots of highlights, washes, and painting left to do, but progress is progress and I wanted WIPs up before I move next weekend and lose internet all together for god emperor knows how long! 

Edited by The_Chaplain

So I got a little distracted and behind on my painting. I have the gunrig done and I'm about to primer the eldar box and noticed I'm missing a jetbike rider. 

If I get everything else done can I get a pass on the missing rider? I'll still look around for him, but like to not have to buy a new box to finish this. Yes I will have the bike itself painted.