A brother needs us. #Brandswolves

Hfran Morkai

Dear Lord, please take this brother into Your loving bossom, until the day we all meet again at Your side. May you grant the grace of your love to soften the grief of his family. In Jesus name i pray, amen.

Until we all meet Brand together. 

I have been following this since before I decided to become a member of the forum. At the time I had sold all my models, paints, and hobby stuff to pay for college. With nothing to send I could only send my prayers and hope the young cub pulled through. Until next Winter, Brand.

I shall definitely be representing Brand in my throng of warriors, not surr if a Contemptor is too morbid or appropriate.

Now that I am back into the hobby again I also wanted to represent him and was debating a similar dilemma. In the end, to me a dreadnought felt fitting. I was thinking a Leviathan when I finally pick one up. A dreadnought is a warrior, a hero who fought long and hard for the Imperium. He has faced many foes and slain them, standing triumphant. And just when the greatest foe of all, Death, comes to claim him he awakens inside a giant machine of war. He cheats death, smashing it back to where it came from so he can continue to fight the good fight. To me I feel like this gives Brand victory and power over Death and allows him to live as something even stronger than he already was, which is no easy feat as he was a tough cub.

But at the same time is it too morbid? That is the doubt that nags at the back of my mind... Additional thoughts?

I have been following this since before I decided to become a member of the forum. At the time I had sold all my models, paints, and hobby stuff to pay for college. With nothing to send I could only send my prayers and hope the young cub pulled through. Until next Winter, Brand.

I shall definitely be representing Brand in my throng of warriors, not surr if a Contemptor is too morbid or appropriate.

Now that I am back into the hobby again I also wanted to represent him and was debating a similar dilemma. In the end, to me a dreadnought felt fitting. I was thinking a Leviathan when I finally pick one up. A dreadnought is a warrior, a hero who fought long and hard for the Imperium. He has faced many foes and slain them, standing triumphant. And just when the greatest foe of all, Death, comes to claim him he awakens inside a giant machine of war. He cheats death, smashing it back to where it came from so he can continue to fight the good fight. To me I feel like this gives Brand victory and power over Death and allows him to live as something even stronger than he already was, which is no easy feat as he was a tough cub.

But at the same time is it too morbid? That is the doubt that nags at the back of my mind... Additional thoughts?

I completely agree with you on the dreadnought and I don't think it is too morbid at all.

If I was to do it, I would make him a Deathsworn (pre-Wulfen) Contemptor in my 30k army, all painted black with a wolf skull head.

If you are still uncertain though, maybe check with the guy who set up the Facebook page - he seems close enough to the family to say for sure if that would be appropriate/if it would be a gesture that is appreciated.

Just to add, I'm very impressed with GW/BL's response to this, and the speed with which it happened. I'm really interested to see how the book turns out - maybe the author would be willing to send a signed copy to Brand's family with their best wishes?

I will make my Redemptor Dreadnought a Brand Sabrewolf in honor of his fight. I believe that the Redemptor is fitting because of the new reinforcements the Space Wolves needed.

May The Emperor watch over you young Brand and your family.

Edited by Chaplain Adonael

Until next Winter, Brand.

I am considering how to include him in my army aswell. My first Leviathan maybe.

Brothers, if you need an Idea: Brand (in german) means Fire, Burn, Blaze.

So maybe you want to work that into the model in some way, either as marks or symbols or his weaponry.

I think I will give him some form of Melta or Flamer weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Until next winter.... Rest now in the Summerlands until you are called back by the Wheel.

I will have to keep an eye out for the book. That will definitely be on my buy list. I will have to see about a model just for him in my collection.

Rest well little brother.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Brilliant, if anyone has contact with his dad could they let him know. I'm sure the family will be happy.

They have already been informed and are deeply touched that so many people contacted GW to ask for him to be included.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...