Crazy ideas for our codex (whishlistin´& conspiracies)

Are Verlo

I mean I'd much prefer move-shoot with no penalty for heavy weapons, even if it doesn't convey "faster," necessarily. Our tanks don't have deff rollas, and other than flame tanks, don't need to be super close.

As an aside, I'm depressed with vindicators. Fast vindicators used to be one of my favorite units. With d3 shots they're pretty bad. It's not going to change with our codex since it would be the same in the marines codex. Still, I'd love like a flat 3 or d3+3 shots. Or the same for damage.

As an aside, I'm depressed with vindicators. Fast vindicators used to be one of my favorite units. With d3 shots they're pretty bad. It's not going to change with our codex since it would be the same in the marines codex. Still, I'd love like a flat 3 or d3+3 shots. Or the same for damage.

Ahhh... but when we get access to that vindicator stratagem it will be time for some tea and crumpets as you race up the field to lay down the pain!

A decent way to fix OC engines could be that you add a number of inches to your movement. Then for it to succeed you have to roll a dice according to a tiered stat.

Ex

3" extra = 2+ on a d6

6" extra = 4+ on a d6

9" extra = 6+ on a d6

IF The roll is failed then you cant move ment this turn. Also, suffer no minus when moving and firing heavy weapons.

I don't like benefits that can really hurt you. The game relies on RNG enough already. Last thing we need is for our Rhino holding a squad of DC to get itself snared because the engines over heat. I could see that maybe for Orks but not Space Marines. It is important that our equipment is reliable it is why we pay the big points for them.

I honestly would be happy with just a solid +3" movement on vehicles with overcharged engines.

Edited by Aothaine

Ahhh... but when we get access to that vindicator stratagem it will be time for some tea and crumpets as you race up the field to lay down the pain!

A decent way to fix OC engines could be that you add a number of inches to your movement. Then for it to succeed you have to roll a dice according to a tiered stat.

Ex

3" extra = 2+ on a d6

6" extra = 4+ on a d6

9" extra = 6+ on a d6

IF The roll is failed then you cant move ment this turn. Also, suffer no minus when moving and firing heavy weapons.

I don't like benefits that can really hurt you. The game relies on RNG enough already. Last thing we need is for our Rhino holding a squad of DC to get itself snared because the engines over heat. I could see that maybe for Orks but not Space Marines. It it took important that our equipment is reliable it is why we pay the big points for them.

I honestly would be happy with just a solid +3" movement on vehicles with overcharged engines.

I'm in total agreement regarding benefits that hurt. 

Allow the Blood Angels to use Dreadnought Drop Pods.

That's the first I've heard that we can't.  The FLG guys were even posting about using them for our Librarian Dreads in their article a few days ago.

Only useful if Forgeworld stuff is allowed (which it isn't in my area). Proper codices only.

Only useful if Forgeworld stuff is allowed (which it isn't in my area). Proper codices only.

I honestly prefer it that way. Forgeworld stuff is cool looking but there is a good deal of it that is just too good not to use.

Mind telling us what those units might be?

Yes, adding on special rules rather than changing the base stats seems like the preffered mechanism. I can certainly see this working for overcharged engines on the Baal.

I have to say that the level of buffs being handed out in the new codices does make me hopeful that Blood Angels will not totally suck once our turn comes.

Frag Canon option on Devastators would be cool too. They seemed to listen ad give us the heavy flamer option on that unit, so we can only hope. Still seems odd to me that bearing in mind it was a chapter specific weapon on our Furioso Dread that when GW decided that a chapter would be able to take it as a heavy weapon on infantry it went to the Death Watch and not us - it was our gun after all!

Yes, adding on special rules rather than changing the base stats seems like the preffered mechanism. I can certainly see this working for overcharged engines on the Baal.

I have to say that the level of buffs being handed out in the new codices does make me hopeful that Blood Angels will not totally suck once our turn comes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if our Baal Preds got the same Scout Vehicle rule as the IG's Scout Sentinels, letting them make a movement before the first turn.

Frag Canon option on Devastators would be cool too. They seemed to listen ad give us the heavy flamer option on that unit, so we can only hope. Still seems odd to me that bearing in mind it was a chapter specific weapon on our Furioso Dread that when GW decided that a chapter would be able to take it as a heavy weapon on infantry it went to the Death Watch and not us - it was our gun after all!

Who knows maybe the man portable frag cannon is on a different STC than the dreadnought one. Not being able to load slugs into the dreadnought cannon seems to indicate that as well.

Nah way too static. Was more thinking about something like this actually

What is going on with this model? Is he running so fast his arms are like the wings of a jet? Jumping down flapping his arms like a bird to slow his descent?

Lmao what a lack of imagination. He could simply be building up momentum for a jump right there.

You don't throw your hands behind your back as if they are wings if your intention is to build momentum. Watch Olympic sprinters, hurdlers and the like. They run in very upright pose swinging both arms for balance. The upright torso is important as it allows the runner to get the most out of their breathing and stride lengths. The arms back like you're preparing to fly or dive does look cooler though.

My "Perfect World" Wishlist

Chapter Tactic:

+1 to wound in combat. Jump Pack units may charge after advancing.

If they give this Chapter Tactic to BA, I'm respraying all my Black Templar red. I could see a +1 to Str possibly but a +1 to the roll would be way too powerful. That would mean standard marines are wounding T7 vehicles on a 4+, Land Raiders on a 5+.

I could also see maybe the jump pack thing alone, that by itself would be extremely powerful giving you an average of threat range of 22.5 inches unimpeded by terrain for assault in a turn.

I think what is most likely is a copy paste from the Khorne Legion Tactic or something modified but along the same lines. +1 Attack on the Charge does seem fitting fluff wise for Red Thirst. I also liked the idea someone else posted that every time a BA model gets a kill/successful wound it gets 1 additional attack on the same weapon, seemed fluffy to me.

Edited by Brother_Gneecapper

Nah way too static. Was more thinking about something like this actually

What is going on with this model? Is he running so fast his arms are like the wings of a jet? Jumping down flapping his arms like a bird to slow his descent?

Lmao what a lack of imagination. He could simply be building up momentum for a jump right there.

You don't throw your hands behind your back as if they are wings if your intention is to build momentum. Watch Olympic sprinters, hurdlers and the like. They run in very upright pose swinging both arms for balance. The upright torso is important as it allows the runner to get the most out of their breathing and stride lengths. The arms back like you're preparing to fly or dive does look cooler though.

Dude...it's a fantasy universe. Fantasy in space but still fantasy. We have superhuman guys in power armor walking around choping others up with chainswords and (mini) rocket launchers. Something like that should really be of no concern. Posing something close to real world stuff is important to give some sense of realism, but there is some leeway still. ;)

Just had a thought: I'd be semi surprised if the wings of sanguinius psychic power didn't come back in some form. I'd expect that if it were similar to the chaos "warp time" power, 15- man squads of jump death company may become amazing...

Was thinking this too, can't see why it wouldn't.

I had that same thought recently but came to the conclusion that if we did get wings of sanguinius back then it would probably only work on the psyker (so it's not crazy good), that would still be exceptional for our librarian dread and Mephiston.

I had that same thought recently but came to the conclusion that if we did get wings of sanguinius back then it would probably only work on the psyker (so it's not crazy good), that would still be exceptional for our librarian dread and Mephiston.

Or do like warptime. It has really short range, 3" if I´m not mistaken. 

I quite like the idea of Wings of Sanguinius but my concern is that it should not be used as a crutch. Using it to enable cool tricks or combos is good. Using it to enable part of the army to function that does not do so without it would be a bad design.

To use the example of Warp Time, look at the Death Guard. Mortarion is a model that begs to be hurled into the enemy to start the killing while the rest of the army brings up the supporting fire, mops up survivors and takes objectives. Now you can use Warp Time to get him there quickly and avoid enemy fire but that requires an allied CSM detachment IIRC to avoid losing the DG detachment bonuses.

Fortunately the DG can bring their own answer in the form of Deathshroud Terminators. Mortarion can fly forward on turn 1 and these guys can teleport in to form a bodyguard. They are tough enough to comfortably protect Morty for a turn and then on Turn 2, he can make the charge while any surviving Deathshroud follow in his wake.

This strikes me as a good design. Morty is a good unit and the army has the tools to support him and ensure he gets where he wants to go. This is the sort of synergy we want in the Blood Angels. Give us good units and the ability to bring them to battle on favourable terms. If we find a unit that is dependent on Wings (or any other psychic power) to function, then that is a sign of poor design.

Chaos synergy gets hilariously crazy this edition with the advent of "Nurgle Daemon" and other such keywords.

When they redo the daemon dex things like Daemon Engines, Possesed etc will all be inadvertently buffed.

Funnily enough you can use an Ad Mech strategem on some Black Templar Cenobyte Servitors (lol).

Just had a thought: I'd be semi surprised if the wings of sanguinius psychic power didn't come back in some form. I'd expect that if it were similar to the chaos "warp time" power, 15- man squads of jump death company may become amazing...

Was thinking this too, can't see why it wouldn't.
I really hope it does. At the moment there is a real lack of options to get a dreadnought into the fight unless you want to put him in your flyer or a FW unit that is out of production. Not a problem for shooty dreads, but bearing in mind that all 3 of ours are tailored towards being up in the enemies face walking them across the table is rubbish.

That said I could see the power being limited to not covering heavy support units, as you know, flying land raiders was once a thing.

Edited by SM1981