Competitive tac squad load out

HastPER

IMO, the very best setup is 5 dudes, 1 Plasma, inside a Razorback. 10 man, not sure about those. You would need a Rhino, which is already an inefficiency in and of itself, when compared to a Razorback. If you are adamant about it though, I would say Plasma + LC, Plasma + HB or Plasma + ML. The first one simply because LCs are good and the latter two because of the Stratagems. Plasmas are the best special in my opinion. Melta gets overshadowed by LCs and a Flamer will not useful in a lot of match-ups, or at least from the very beginning due to range. You could consider a Combi-Plasma, but they are freakishly expensive to slap on a 1W model.

Edited by Frater Cornelius

I like 10-man Tacs with plasmagun, combi-plasma, grav-cannon on Rhino with 2 stormbolters. You can even add powerfist/lightning claw. Being Ultramarines such unit can effectively operate even alone and cause serious damage using Scions of Guilliman stratagem and chapter tactics.

I'll 2nd. 5 dudes in a Razorback w/Plasma and Sgt. w/Combi-Plas & Chainsword.   Cheap (for SM's) spammable scoring w/ good shooting.

Personally: I like Assault Cannon Razorbacks.  I won't put a CC weapon on the sarge unless I have extra points (it would be a P.Axe if I did).

Grav-Cannons are a great and huge upgrade to firepower for the points, if available.

I use the following in my army as it plays to my strategy:

- 10 man Tactical in Rhino - combi plasma, plasma gun and Grav Cannon. This unit supports the attack force, including Sternguard and Terminators.

- 2x 10 man Tacticals on foot holding middle ground. Plasma and combi plasma and then heavy weapons as needed. Heavy Bolter here for Hellfire Shells.