The How Long Until...

Lord_Starscream

I don't necessarily mean it as a good or a bad thing.  I'd love new basic CSM models, but I'd love new, bigger, true scale units as much if not more.  I would love to see Chaos Primaris - so long as they're properly chaotic, in the vein of the Dark Vengeance chosen & lord.

I just hope that we don't get /direct/ counterparts of all the primaris stuff.  For instance, I hope they don't give us chaos gravis armor or chaos repulsor tanks.  I would rather our truescale big guys stay in some new variant of bigger/mutated terminator armor (maybe a tri-kit with plastic oblits & mutilators?), and would rather have some unique chaos vehicle rather than a repulsor packaged with a sprue of fence spikes.

We'll see, I guess.  Not any time soon, though, so I'm not getting worked up about it.

I don't want truescale - the problem is then they'd need to up the size of the Primaris to make them actual truescale. 

I just want new Havocs :(

They're the height a normal SM would be aren't they? Or am I mistaken?

Yes. That's the point.

I don't follow at all - Sorry for derailing.

If Primaris Marines are meant to be taller than Space Marines, isn't making Space Marines the same height as a Primaris just one step forward, one step back?

They're the height a normal SM would be aren't they? Or am I mistaken?

Yes. That's the point.

Yes they are the height Space Marines should've been all along. But in the fluff they are supposed to be taller, so they just can't make true scale Space Marines who are fluff-wise not as tall as Primaris anymore without it being all wrong again.

I think GW slipping in there that current marines have the ability to "upgrade" to primaris is their way around the whole different size thing.

The ominous upgrade didn't happen anywhere in the fluff so far tho and when you look at when the releveant organs get implanted then it seems pretty unlikely to be successfull (or even possible) in the first place.

Primaris are supposed to be bigger, but not really by any definite amount, and as pre-primaris models are replaced, they're being brought up to around the scale of primaris models, anyway.  Look at the new plague marines.  Or Kharne/Ahriman.  old models will be downplayed in the fluff and marketing and slowly make their way to direct only, and then to discontinuation.  And then we'll have human scale models and marine scale models, and fluff about primaris marines being meaningfully different from regular marines will also fade away.  Never overtly retconned, just no longer mentioned or referenced.

What we're seeing is a slow, staggered phaze-out of the entire previous marine range in favor of a new range in truescale.  That's what's happening.  The fluff reasons for it are just excuses papering over what's happening so players with entire armies in the old scale don't get (as) mad about it.

Primaris are supposed to be bigger, but not really by any definite amount, and as pre-primaris models are replaced, they're being brought up to around the scale of primaris models, anyway.  Look at the new plague marines.  Or Kharne/Ahriman.  old models will be downplayed in the fluff and marketing and slowly make their way to direct only, and then to discontinuation.  And then we'll have human scale models and marine scale models, and fluff about primaris marines being meaningfully different from regular marines will also fade away.  Never overtly retconned, just no longer mentioned or referenced.

What we're seeing is a slow, staggered phaze-out of the entire previous marine range in favor of a new range in truescale.  That's what's happening.  The fluff reasons for it are just excuses papering over what's happening so players with entire armies in the old scale don't get (as) mad about it.

I'm actually more angry about it than them just saying this is the new scale.

I really dislike the Primaris's fluff, but like the models. :\

Look at the new plague marines.  Or Kharne/Ahriman. 

That's a terrible argument. Chaos Marines were supposed to be bigger than regular Marines in the first place due the warp influence and Plague Marines were supposed to be especially bloated even among Chaos Marines. And as you can see, even Plague Marine models aren't quite as tall as Primaris Marine models. They are in a spot between Primaris Marine models and the newer Marine models (Deathwatch and TSons).

Guess we have to agree to disagree on this topic.

Sky is falling and stuff :rolleyes: