Can unit still shoot pistol after "Fix Bayonets" order?

Orkinstein

Order: "This unit may issue one order per turn to the soldiers under their command at the start of their Shooting phase."

"Fix Bayonets!

This order can only be issued to units that are within 1" of an enemy unit. The ordered unit immediately fights as if it were the Fight phase."

Unlike "Move! Move! Move!", there is not "Instead of shooting this phase the ordered unit..."

Since the order happens at the start of shooting phase and "Fix Bayonets" doesn't stop unit shooting. I think unit can still shoot their pistol after fighting in shooting phase.

Just thinking add multiple platoon commanders with power fist and plasma pistol behind conscripts bubble as cont-attack. When enemy charged conscripts, platoon commanders can heroic intervention. "Models that charged this turn can only target enemy units that they charged in the previous phase." So my platoon commanders can punch 3 S6 AP-3 DD3 attacks without worry enemy fighting back. Then in my turn, all platoon commanders order themselves "Fix Bayonets!" for 3 attacks in shooting phase and shoot their plasma pistol. In the following fighting phase, if enemy still alive, actually I doubt... there are 3 more attacks and with 3w 5++ platoon commander is quite difficulty to kill. Add priest and Straken for extra fun.:happy.:

Thoughts?

I'd say no. You are treating the shooting phase as if it were the fight phase. 

Whilst you can shoot the pistol if you are within 1" of an enemy, this is done in the shooting phase. 

The key word here is "immediately" implying that you don't get to do anything other than assault the enemy in melee.

Edited by The Catachan Devil