Rumour Mongers - where are you

DeStinyFiSh

I tried to sell some software to GW - had 3 meetings there including one where I got to meet with Kevin Rountree and present to him for an hour.  I can say that at the time, lots of the current ideas were being bandied about and up on their boardroom whiteboards, including ones that don't seem to have made the grade (a loyalty card was definitely up there... shame that didn't happen!)

Wasn't there "loyalty card" you needed to buy these skull-encrusted Captain/Chaplain in TDA models (which is a shame, as it paywalled both) or are you talking about something bigger?

It's a thankless task, sometimes people get angry.

A task that the various rumour-mongers chose themselves though. Nobody forced them to do anything, well, maybe GW did if they were paid...

For some it was the 15 minutes of fame, for others it was the ad revenue, and some just wanted to share their enthusiasm or serve the community. 

Either way, rumours and leaks were always well-discussed and as a mod I am thankful that GW handles it themselves nowadays. The N&R has been...lively...at times... :P