=][= Unit(s) of the week: Basilisks =][=

duz_

I wonder if Valhallans car recycle them. The Infantry can be brought back and the rules say they must be set up with their equipment (in this case the big guns).

The Artillery Battery rules state "...but otherwise are treated as separate units". Since the Valhallen rules only affect Infantry, and the Carriage is not keyword Infantry, rules as written say no.

The infantry unit with the carriage counts as a seperate regiment infantry unit. Though, if at any point there are no guard from that infantry unit within 3", the carriages are removed. So i would imagine that the strat wouldnt work

Gents please

This discussion is on the Basilisk and not earthshaker cannons in general nor suitable proxies for either.

For example the new Ap-3 rule combined with various Regimental buffs certainly gives more reasons to take the Basilisk. Actually I already wanted a second, this buff alone is enough to cement that decision for me.

Last night my three Basilisks pounded a Knight converted with a reptile head and tail. The kill was stollen by a special weapons squad with Meltaguns (even with orders they did a piss poor job of my brilliant plan).

Part of me is ecstatic to be using Basilisks again. They’ve been boxed for so long. Although it is also saddening because if I didn’t have the Melta SWS in theory I could have had three manticores instead. But my Points were impossibly tight and walking into 1500 point games with 15 Command Points is a hoot, tricky but fun.

If the AP-3 rumors are true I'm going to be so happy!

It would seriously make the Basilisk/Manictore thing more of a debate rather than the completely one sided thing it is now.

I run one of each for different purposes! This would just solidify the basilisks role!

“MOAR Tanks!”

Good answer Fallen. In a few weeks that will be a Guard mantra.

Posted · Hidden by duz_, October 6, 2017 - Off topic
Hidden by duz_, October 6, 2017 - Off topic

I'm reviving the post just to ask: anybody with a FW Earthshaker carriage can kindly confirm its measurements? I am interested in some conversion job although I am not sure if esp. the cannon is supposed to be the size of a Basilisk's or bigger.