How Would you Beat a Warlord Titan?

Ulrik_Ironfist

I may have asked this before, but I cannot remember.

What would you use in a Guard army to take down a Warlord Titan? Knight allies? Lots of tanks? Artillery? 

I face the very real possibility of staring at one of these across the table, so I need to know what to use to take it down...

Its 4000 points. T16, 70W. I am thinking 571 ratlings. 380/381 hits. 63 wounds on a 6. so 63 mortal wounds and 63 normal wounds. 2+ save,10ish normal wounds wound get through . 73/74 wounds done and a dead warlord titan. Any questions?

Nevermind. it has a 3+ degrading save vs mortal wounds. Though in 2 turns, that many ratlings could kill one. So 30 mortal wounds to remove it to 4+ void. the further 33 wounds become 16/17 add the 10/11 normal wounds. So 27 wounds in 1 volley. The titan would then make a few of those Many, many 5 man squads evaporate. I would expect 2-3 turns of shooting from 571 ratlings to kill it.

or 10 Valdor tank hunters. 2D3 shots each. average of 3.5 each. 35 shots, 16.5 hits. wounds on 5s.  5 wounds. 3+ void. 2 would get through. maybe 10 wounds..... Yer ratlings work best

Edited by Halfpint100

Macro weaponry will do significant damage, and that translates into a Warhound with a pair of turbo-laser destructors. Whilst said Warhound has the potential to instagib a Phantom, it is extremely vulnerable to the same tactic - especially from a Warlord.

So try your best to get first turn, hide it, or put it in Reserves somehow...

Its 4000 points. T16, 70W. I am thinking 571 ratlings. 380/381 hits. 63 wounds on a 6. so 63 mortal wounds and 63 normal wounds. 2+ save,10ish normal wounds wound get through . 73/74 wounds done and a dead warlord titan. Any questions?

Nevermind. it has a 3+ degrading save vs mortal wounds. Though in 2 turns, that many ratlings could kill one. So 30 mortal wounds to remove it to 4+ void. the further 33 wounds become 16/17 add the 10/11 normal wounds. So 27 wounds in 1 volley. The titan would then make a few of those Many, many 5 man squads evaporate. I would expect 2-3 turns of shooting from 571 ratlings to kill it.

or 10 Valdor tank hunters. 2D3 shots each. average of 3.5 each. 35 shots, 16.5 hits. wounds on 5s.  5 wounds. 3+ void. 2 would get through. maybe 10 wounds..... Yer ratlings work best

We have a winner!

Yeah, you beat a Warlord by swamping it with hundreds of pinprick units. Trying to fight it with 6-8 Shadowswords doesn't work because he'll have first turn (only one unit to deploy) and his Macro weapons will pretty much one shot superheavies. By the time it's your turn, you're just about out of units.