Griffon

olcottr

No way Tyr13, I thought it got squated to make way for the Wyvern years ago. Neat, thanks for the intel. I never bought any because GW refused to put any devlopement into it. Either it took up a valuable heavy slot (when a vehicle took the entire slot) or the rules were so weak it wasn't worth the time investment. Edited by Guardsman Bob

GW did squat it. I guess FW took it over although I don't think they actually make the model do they?

I think its amusing that the Collossus was in the codex for two editions but they never made a model and all of a sudden the Bombard has been renamed the Collossus Bombard. Yet the Griffon had an official model as far back as 2nd edition and suddenly it was gone. I should have kept my old ones.

FW did do a model but it's now gone - there's a post on this very forum lamenting it's passing :(

I love the Griffon for some reason (probably my 2nd edition roots). I suppose I'd need a Chimera and FW's large mortar kit to make a new one?

I have one... Was going to be used as another hull on the board for my renegades under 7th, but then 8th dropped... invalidated my renengade list, and luckily my griffon was just built, not even undercoated... so I've been getting my old metal cadian army redone... and I'm htinking it will have a home in there... once I start adding the armour to the infantry I'm working on now.

Hopefully by then the guard dex will have dropped and I'll have a better idea if I need to cut up any of my tanks before I batch paint the 10+ of them.

It is pretty. But not hugely points effecient. Str 6 -1 d3, heavy d6 (roll twice. Pick highest) and ignores cover.

Just get a basilisk or an earthshaker battery. 30 points for a basilisk, Or 2! Points more for the battery. 2 points for an extra 3 strength -2 rend. And can shoot on combat.