Dominus Seige Bombard what is it?

Galron

OK, what is it? Looks like a cool little artillery tank, very niche when compared to a shadowsword or Banblade. What does it look like? I saw on a quick google search someone used a WW1 tank and converted it into a cool looking tank they call a Dominus. Is this yet another Epic vehicle brought to modern times? Note I have looked on the FW site and didn't see it so maybe I did a typical me and missed it but as much as I am on the site I don't think so. I think it would fit right in to my future Siege Battalion.

Nope, that's the Collossus Bombard I have two of them in my armored spearhead already. FW took the former Collussus from the last couple IG codexes that never had a model and added the name to what was former called a "Bombard". The Dominus has a Triple siege mortar thing and is a super heavy.

Interestingly, she had rules in the previous addition (Imperial Armour vol I second edition was the most recent). She was identical to a Praetor with the same options, but 20 points less. Two front sponsons armed with heavy bolters and one triple-barrelled bombard which in old money had two types of shot:

• 12-36", STR 10, AP 3, Ordnance 1, Blast (5"), Primary Weapon
  • 12-36", STR 10, AP 3, Apocalyptic Barrage 3, Primary Weapon

Rules are in the index actually. A praetor? That's depressing. Those things are ugly. I might have to make my own using the WW1 tank thing someone else did. If I have a superheavy on the field it will look a lot cooler than a tracked Winnebago with a missile launcher/triple mortar tubes on top.

LOL swear dodger? The f in front of ugly is a normal word in modern English not an attempt to get away with dropping the F bomb.

Edited by Galron
Swear filter dodge removed

LOL swear dodger? The f in front of ugly is a normal word in modern English not an attempt to get away with dropping the F bomb.

Don't sweat it, the moderating teams around here get a conniption over the weirdest things. You can say get the :cuss out, where the censored word is obvious, but if you use the common internet meme acronym where the F could really mean any number of things, and they start stroking out like an astropath being used as a guitar pick by a Noisemarine. :tongue.: *shrug*

My apologies for the previous link, I saw bombard and jumped to that one. Being a Crassus/Praetor-based chassis is indeed disappointing, but since there is no model I think you could make it look however you wanted, assuming it was adequately imposing looking.

Edited by duz_

Its an ugly box on treads. No style to it. If I am going to use a vehicle or model, it needs to look somewhat decent in order to at least motivate myself to paint it.

I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I get the words you're using, and the meaning behind those words, but I don't understand them together. I've never heard a 40k player say such things and, now that I have, I wonder why you play this game...:teehee: