Radionausea's Apostles of Contagion

radionausea

I wanted to run Apostles of Contagion back in 7th edition. I liked Necrosius and Mamon and the fluff in Vraks.

But, I didn't really like the all rust metal armour.

In the Codex their armour appears to be a dirty bone colour with verdigris broza trim. I like this more.

This will be my progress log as my army comes along.

Thankfully I play with a group who will let me a. Have Necrosius as an Apostle of Contagion b. Let me add the Apostle of Contagion keyword c. Run Obliterators as Death Guard!

(Hooray for groups of players who think fluff is important. Everyone's repsonse to DG not having Oblits was "that's stupid. They have a hideous virus, if anyone other than Iron Warriors should have them DG should).

Anyway, once I upload photos to imgur I'll post my work in progress shots.

I really like the armour. However, some criticism:

The guy in the back right looks too goofy as his weapons are way too big. The hood of the sarge is a too bright red. Try toning it down with some washes etc. Some of the fleshy bits seem almost mono-color which makes them look like a piece of plastic rather than organic material. Some washes and highlights will fix that.

Keep it up bud!

I really like the armour. However, some criticism:

The guy in the back right looks too goofy as his weapons are way too big. The hood of the sarge is a too bright red. Try toning it down with some washes etc. Some of the fleshy bits seem almost mono-color which makes them look like a piece of plastic rather than organic material. Some washes and highlights will fix that.

Keep it up bud!

Oh definitely on the red. The reds elsewhere get a wash of agrax, a wash of carroburg crimson and the edge highlight again.

None of the models are finished. I need to buy more paints for the tentacles and mutations, to do the horns properly as well.

I'll agree to disagree on the guy at the back - I think Obliterators should look absurd