Characters we would like to see retur

The_son_of_Dorn

Been musing over the loss of Argel Tal abit lately (the dude was a total bro!)

Think it's possible we could see a few other people return, or others we would like to see return by voodo,or witchcraft

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker
Please keep the real world politics off the board. - Kurgan

I want Captain Cortez back. Dudes a boss.

I'm doing a mini for him, so if he ever gets rules back I'll be ready. If not, we can always use him as a "generic" captain, probably with the CF relic, and if he's the warlord the Iron resolve trait fits him pretty well.

I just want to build my own Character. I have run named characters before but it got to the point of small universe syndrome. I really want to build a character on my own from a number of abilities to call him my own. I understand the difficulty in balance in that but I get a little tired of seeing the same named guys in armies all the time, even if they are wearing different colors.

I just want to build my own Character. I have run named characters before but it got to the point of small universe syndrome. I really want to build a character on my own from a number of abilities to call him my own. I understand the difficulty in balance in that but I get a little tired of seeing the same named guys in armies all the time, even if they are wearing different colors.

This keeps coming up, surely between Chapter Tactics, Warlord Traits, Wargear and Relics you can do exactly that?

Rik

Warlord Traits. Rites of War for Battle Immune within 6". Angel of Death gives you -1 LD to enemy within 6". Then you have that shooty one which gives you an additional AP if you roll a 6 within 6". You also have your personal chapters warlord traits. UM with their regain stratagem on 5+. IF and their ignore -1 AP Weapons within 6". So on and so forth.

Special Characters should be Special. And have certain abilities key to them. But to say you cannot give your generics super cool abilities is just wrong. 

Does 40k have gossip rags? I can see it now...

'Guilliman has half Xenos spawn? Reports from sources high up within the Ultramarines chapter have given an alarming account of an affair between the Imperial Regent and the Xenia witch known as Yvraine...'