Vostroyans Focus

Beams

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/

Just a flat +6" for heavy/rapid fire weapons that have at least 24" range to start, and an order to fire at targets within 1".

Hopefully the specific warlord trait and Strategem will make up for the lacklustre tactic.

Really disappointed it wasn't +1 BS or something about heavier armor.

Woah, I'd never thought I would say this but I am relieved. Now at least I can discard one regiments from the ones I am tempted to do :P

Still, this is a decent ruleset. Vostroyans are neither too powerful nor useless, just ok. I still appreciate that our codex looks *much* more inspired than anything that came out so far.

3 gone, 5 more to go! Let us just hope they won't be previewed in descending order of sexyness, because for a moment I had that impression :)

If you want to outrange your opponents (or just need an excuse to pick up some beautiful models), start playing Vostroyans! Don’t miss tomorrow’s preview, where we’ll be looking at the Valhallans, the highly anticipated changes to conscripts, and the return of a classic and much-loved rule…

i wonder if valhallans will get there "remove a conscript unit and it can come back next turn"?..............

Vostroyans look decent though, that extra 6" is nice. as Cap'm Heckus said: 30" punisher and demolishers! 

Plus firing in combat. That could be devastating with flamer vets

I'm really hoping there's some generic Regimental Doctrines that aren't attached to named regiments that you can apply to DIY Guard.

They have already stated they're doing 8 regiments so just pick the one that you DIY regiment matches. Full on build your own hasn't been done for any army since 4th.

The Vostroyan order looks amazing. 

AMFocus_Vostroyan_Boxout4jed.jpg

The longer we play 8th the more people will know how to properly lock us in close combat so we can't fall back and shoot. Also if they combo charge a few units and you don't have enough orders to fall everyone back or you don't want to (orgyns in CC with you) you can still shoot into the melee. 

2 shots at 15" isn't bad either for rapid fire weapons. I put bolt guns on all my SGTs and officers so now I have 10 or so 30" bolters running around. They were smart with the 24" min range otherwise you would have some broken H flamers running around. 

6" doesn't sound like much but if you have a heavy weapon ssuad at the back of a 48" deep board you can hit a 14 3/4" wide target area directly across the other board edge. With the +6" you now can get a 28 3/4" wide target area directly across the board edge. Keeping heavy weapons as far as possible away while being able to attack nearly twice the zone on the opposite board edge is great. 

The rule they mention will be Send In The Next Wave, most likely. Hadn't thought about Russ variants with the Vostroyan rules. Even the Eradicator with a 42" range and two shots is tasty...

Hmm...I think I might give Vostroyans a go as a basis for my force. I'm guessing the Tau improved upon our weapons a little. :P

I'm really hoping there's some generic Regimental Doctrines that aren't attached to named regiments that you can apply to DIY Guard.

They have already stated they're doing 8 regiments so just pick the one that you DIY regiment matches. Full on build your own hasn't been done for any army since 4th.

More's the pity. 

The rule they mention will be Send In The Next Wave, most likely. Hadn't thought about Russ variants with the Vostroyan rules. Even the Eradicator with a 42" range and two shots is tasty...

Hmm...I think I might give Vostroyans a go as a basis for my force. I'm guessing the Tau improved upon our weapons a little. 

Xenos HERESY!

Not a very flashy buff, but +6" range is nothing to sneeze at, especially for some of those Punishers and Demolishers in the world.

I, for one, can't wait to see the Conscript changes! Let's just get it over with and love on to the next unit that people will spam along with Guilliman.

And I imagine the beloved rule to return is "Send in the Next Wave!" For Valhallans. Crazy option, that.

I'm kind of meh in the Voystrans. But in the end i was never the biggest fan of the models and their regiment bonus is ok to good, but not for me. The one thing I've seen so far is that because they're giving a lot of bonuses to rapid fire weapons, plasma guns are getting stealth buffed. Not so good for the other special weapons.

See the last line that says “much anticipated changes to conscripts”.

Gotta echo Kilo's statement here; the most interesting part of this post was the affirmation of the Conscripts nerf (redesign?  Call it what you will :P).  Vostroyans look pretty bland other than being able to shoot in melee, which honestly isn't terribly exciting because Guardsmen tend to get wiped out when they get charged, so the Mordian buff to Overwatch is far sexier.  This OFC excludes the ridiculous blobs of Conscripts I've seen plaguing the local scene, but here's hoping the nerfs bring the Infantry Squad back to the forefront.

For those of us that can't view the post from our current location, which Regiment was teased for tomorrow?  :)

See the last line that says “much anticipated changes to conscripts”.

Gotta echo Kilo's statement here; the most interesting part of this post was the affirmation of the Conscripts nerf (redesign?  Call it what you will :tongue.:).  Vostroyans look pretty bland other than being able to shoot in melee, which honestly isn't terribly exciting because Guardsmen tend to get wiped out when they get charged, so the Mordian buff to Overwatch is far sexier.  This OFC excludes the ridiculous blobs of Conscripts I've seen plaguing the local scene, but here's hoping the nerfs bring the Infantry Squad back to the forefront.

For those of us that can't view the post from our current location, which Regiment was teased for tomorrow?  :smile.:

Valhallans next!