Officially starting guard finally.

micahwc

They are annihilators, twin las cannons from FW. Executioners have the big plasma cannon. With las cannon hull weapon, the annilihator, makes a good tank commander. Five las cannons a turn.

Imgur is having issues right now but I'm attempting to upload some pictures of my now mostly complete 75 guardsmen. 6 squads, 2 heavy weapon teams, and 3 officers. They are about 95% done and I'm pretty happy with them.

Annihilators seem awful to me. 2 lascannon shots does not equal a battle cannon to me, especially at 2x the cost.

Well how would you like to calculate this?

Average wounds per turn? Price Per Wound? Maximum Damage Potential?

So, taking generic non faction russes we run into the following against T7 3+.

BC will net 7 shots total, hitting 3.5, wounding 2.33, armor letting 1.56 through dealing a total of 3.11 damage on average per turn at a unit cost of 48.86 points per wound. Max Damage Potential being 36 wounds if the planets align.

Annihilator will put out 4 shots total, hitting 2, wounding 1.3,  armor letting through 1.11 dealing a total of 3.89 damage on average per turn at a unit cost of 43.71 points per wound. Max Damage Potential being 24 wounds if the planets align.

An Annihilator with hull mounted lascannon (which I recommend by the way if you're going to go with annihilators);

5 shots, hitting 2.5, wounding 1.67, armor letting through 1.39 dealing a total of 4.86 average damage per turn for a unit cost of 37.44 points per wound. Max Damage being 30 wounds if the planets align.

This only gets better when you use Cadian Annihilators.

Edited by Tirak

Tank Commanders can't be given Annihilators, but when given to BCs they dish out 4.45 wounds per turn at a cost of 47 points per wound. Their entire shooting buff to other tanks can be taken simply by getting the Cadian doctrine. In that case, the 182 point Cadian Annihilator outshoots the 197 point BC Tank Commander 5.67 wounds per turn  at a model cost of 32.09 points per wound. Even if we give the Tank Commander BC the benefit of the doubt and make him a Catachan TC outputting 8 shots per turn from his main gun, and using All Gunners Fire to reroll 1s, he dishes out 5.53 wounds per turn at a unit cost of 35.62 points per wound.

I like the colour scheme, very muted, night world type camo.

Why did you chose the HB hull weapon? Keep them mobile. What doctrine do you go with?

The three main colors are various shades of grey from earth military uniforms, including WW2 German Grey and modern Israeli Sinai Grey. The colors are muted because they are actual camp paint colors. They are also all shades inspired by a still photo from the movie Starship Troopers, each shade matching a close up picture of the mobile infantry uniform. Turned out a bit more green than I had imagined but that's what happens when you let the color blind guy match colors on a computer screen.

4 lascannon shots because of grinding advance helps it out a bit. I chose the HB one to keep it cheaper and two because I used all my hull lascannons to make the turrets.

You realize a battle cannon and hull lascannon are cheaper than your variant, so you're effectively trading 3 lascannon and 3 heavy bolter shots, for 2D6 battle cannon shots.

Anyway, I'm kind of jealous of people being able to just toss their miniatures in a box like that.  I can't do that with my resin dudes. :D

Currently painted and based I have

3 Officers (Company or Platoon commander depending on needs)

3 Pyskers (whichever variant I want to field)

6x Infantry Squads

2 Heavy Weapon Squads with mortars

1 Tempestor Prime

1 Scion Command Squad with 4x plasma

4 Leman Russ tanks (currently 2 executioners and 2 annihilators)

1 Valkyrie

3 Sentinels with Lascannon

(following models are 3d printed proxies)

2x Hellhounds

1x Shadowsword with 4 sponsons

Edited by micahwc