Steel legion reveal

Halfpint100

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/

Discuss! Those relics look gorgeous. A +2 str -4 ap d3 damage power sword!!! :D

Plus that aquila. Will probably be taking 3 relics at this rate. Out flanking plasma vets looks fun as well

While that sword is certainly impressive, we don't really have the combat characters to take full advantage of them. I do really like the aquila though. The dagger makes me think of a platoon commander and a plasma command squad ambushing the enemy. That's some righteous dakka there, and something that has to be addressed for not that many points (though plasma is probably more expensive.)

But have we considered giving the dagger to commissar, and outflanking 30 conscripts with it?

I hadn't until now. However, as others explained, that probably wouldn't work. However, we don't yet know about any other abilities or powers that might help moral and make this viable, or just include an Elysian commissar in a separate detachment.

But have we considered giving the dagger to commissar, and outflanking 30 conscripts with it?

I hadn't until now. However, as others explained, that probably wouldn't work. However, we don't yet know about any other abilities or powers that might help moral and make this viable, or just include an Elysian commissar in a separate detachment.

Again, it says that if they have the regiment keyword, it has to be the same. They do not have the regiment keyword. Therefore, it doesn't  have to be the same. So commissars+conscripts should be a go.

Except for the whole same regiment requirement. (Incert sad face here)

If it has the regiment keyword. Which they don't
Good catch on the wording. Someone screwed up big time. Are there any restrictions on where relics goes outside of any specific restrictions like officer only on the other blade?

On the dagger... it doesnt actually specify that the relic has to be carried by a character though... or is that a general requirement for relics? (havent really had a look at other codices yet... <.<)

If not, then you could actually have *two* outflanking units. One possibility would be two units of outflanking bullgryns, for instance... (and even if a character was required, you could always use the ogryn bodyguard as the relic caddy. Pretty sure hes Militarum auxilla *and* a character).

Relics generally have to be carried by Characters. I'm also pretty sure you can only have one of a particular Relic in your whole army.

I quite like that Power Sword, remember it's a free upgrade so it's a nice bonus for when your Company Commander/Lord Commissar finds themselves in combat. I'd probably roll with the Dagger or the Aquila though. The Dagger pulling a unit onto a Flank will be nasty, especially for Mordians. Pop up, assassinate a Character, and throw your enemy's plans into disarray! The Aquila just seems like a nice way to soak up a couple more CPs, but it'll be a little time before I know whether I'll really need more than the 12 the Brigade Detachment gives.