Conversion ideas for blight launchers on old Deathguard

Hoots

So I'm lucky enough to have a few squads of the old metal Deathguard marines. It's taken me a long time to collect my Deathguard and I want to keep them as I prefer the diseased look of them as apposed to the more warped look of the new models. However I'm hoping to use some of the DI models to represent some of the new special characters and to possibly stand in as a Sgt or two due to their larger size.

So I'll maybe have a couple of old metal Sgt models retired from duty which I hope to convert to carry some blight launchers. The arms are completely removable from the bodies so I'll need to locate some extra chaos arms but what parts would people recommend for the blight launchers?  I might have the odd guard grenade launcher in my bits box but I'd love to hear if you guys thought of anything else.

I'd also love to see what people are making so pls post pics 

Cheers  

Hoots 

Assault Grenade Launchers from Death Guard Grave Warden Terminators (30k) are the most obvious suggestion, as that's what Blight Launchers are an homage to - you might be able to find some cheap on eBay as the kit has been out for quite a while. There'd be a bit of cutting to do though, as it comes attached to a Cataphractii Terminator arm.

I mixed in imperial guard grenade launcher drums and barrels with the bolters (replacing respectively the magazine and the nozzle) to obtain an okay blight launcher quick n dirty :) it's over here in this thread. Based on current DG models but the weapons are not so much subject to the scale increase as the marines themselves.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337703-putrid-choir-and-orchestra-death-guard-nurgle-daemons/?do=findComment&comment=4874213

Mixing bits from the grenade launcher with the actual original bolter rather than purely replacing it gives it the bulkier, assault bolter type look.

Edited by Isolia

Another option I've seen is taking a heavy bolter from the MK III or MK IV sets and replacing the barrel with one from a IG grenade launcher (I'd probably also cut off the carry handle)

Example by KrautScientist:

blight-launcher-conversion.jpg?w=450&h=4

In this case, he subsequently added a sternguard heavy flamer part:

snapfit-plague-marine-conversion-7.jpg?w