Black Legion, Drol Kheir - a temporal distortion? *spoilers*

RapatoR

Ok so there is one thing that vexes me about the Khayon to no end. According to the Black Legion, he met Nefetari after Drol Kheir, when most of other characters thought he was dead. Yet he is somehow known for “his alien” throughout the Eye,even characters who believe he died at Drol Kheir (such as Falkus) somehow know about his alien. So what do you think is happening? Do I have my timeline messed up? Is there some kind of temporal distortion at play? Or is Khayon lying?

Ok so there is one thing that vexes me about the Khayon to no end. According to the Black Legion, he met Nefetari after Drol Kheir, when most of other characters thought he was dead. Yet he is somehow known for “his alien” throughout the Eye,even characters who believe he died at Drol Kheir (such as Falkus) somehow know about his alien. So what do you think is happening? Do I have my timeline messed up? Is there some kind of temporal distortion at play? Or is Khayon lying?

From the point I saw he (The new Khayon - there is a separation between 'before Drol Kheir and after) met Nefertari after Drol Kheir.

That other characters thought he was dead - doesn't mean they didn't know that he had an alien already.

Plus - it is a Warp - a lot of stuff could happen. A D-B is one of the short list of authors who do true justice by Warp discontinuity, rifts, timelapses etc.

But again - that's in my humble opinion.

No one excludes a continuity mistake on the author/editor part :wink:

To resolve this - we need author help.

From the point I saw he (The new Khayon - there is a separation between 'before Drol Kheir and after) met Nefertari after Drol Kheir.

That other characters thought he was dead - doesn't mean they didn't know that he had an alien already.

Plus - it is a Warp - a lot of stuff could happen. A D-B is one of the short list of authors who do true justice by Warp discontinuity, rifts, timelapses etc.

But again - that's in my humble opinion.

No one excludes a continuity mistake on the author/editor part :wink:

To resolve this - we need author help.

Thanks for the answer. I was not sure if I was the one who got the timeline mixed up. :)

i also get the impression that an awful lot of the characters used it as an insult towards Khayon, intimating that the person who they knew as Khayon died at Drol Kheir and they they refuse to recognise the person who has taken his place

I think that's exactly the point A D-B  wanted to point out.

RapatoR

Yeap. You are definitely not alone. You could call BL a very 'curious' novel, cause it actually is. But in general the questions it asks made it totally worthwile.