Ultramarine Leviathans & Fire Raptor - Viable?

Hi,

In light of the changes in 8th edition I have put  my Blood Angels army in stasis as a 'legacy' army and I have recently bought a large amount of Primaris Marines and Guilliman to make into an Ultramarines force. Before all this happened I bought a pair of Leviathans and a Fire Raptor for my Blood Angels. They are not assembled or painted yet, but now that I'm doing Ultramarines as my 'modern' army i'm wondering if I should use the Leviathans and Fire Raptor in that army instead.

Are they more worthwhile in an Ultramarine list? Seems like there are better rules and Guilliman certainly gives out tasty army buffs in high point value lists.

Yes...have them in yer ultramarines for definite. They will make a lovely addition to primaris marines.

I have a fw contemptor with twin ac and a single levi with cyclon and storm stubber. Ill add 2 of the new primaris dreads. Since they are all taller dreads they will tie together well.

Added to the big G you will have a very hard hitting and resilient army.

Welcome to ultras by the way...real marines!

I have not heard or read about the Raptor in 8ed, but the Leviathan receives praise on a regular basis. Not the easiest model tonuse due to the mediocre ranges on its guns, but many of the nee deployment types help. Expensive point-wise, but definitely solid.

Yes...have them in yer ultramarines for definite. They will make a lovely addition to primaris marines.

I have a fw contemptor with twin ac and a single levi with cyclon and storm stubber. Ill add 2 of the new primaris dreads. Since they are all taller dreads they will tie together well.

Added to the big G you will have a very hard hitting and resilient army.

Welcome to ultras by the way...real marines!

Thank you, brother! I will be taking Guilliman in larger point size games and probably camping him around the Leviathans as they move up the board or Hellblasters.

Leviathans are great, but keep in mind they're relics, so you will need 2 more Heavy Support units to get around that rule.

I will try to keep that in mind. I do have two Hellblaster squadrons to fill out Heavy Support cho

I have not heard or read about the Raptor in 8ed, but the Leviathan receives praise on a regular basis. Not the easiest model tonuse due to the mediocre ranges on its guns, but many of the nee deployment types help. Expensive point-wise, but definitely solid.

Has anyone on B&C tried using Leviathans in Lucius pattern drop pods or with a Stormraven? I do have extra Lucius Drop Pods but I wasn't sure how viable those would be anymore. Their points cost is quite high!

I currently use a levi in a Storm raven when I field my Red Scorps as UM. Very good combo and means to get somewhere. I field the SR as a dakka bird and the Levi with twin grav bombards. My last two games he was ignored for the raven and the troops that also popped out of the raven while he one shotted a 1k sons terminator squad, , blew up a rhino, kicked in the sides of another rhino, and stepped on a few rubrics just for kicks and never took a wound.

With the short range of his weapons though I would not use one without a transport. Tried that once, didn't work out so well.