7 Bloat Drones

El_Dicko

So yeah, I want run 7 Bloat Drones. I'm building them for fun and fluff and basically to use all the parts in two kits plus 3 Dark Imperium ones and two plague drones. Anyway, I'm wondering about other stuff to round out the list, general viability, if there's any point in running it as pure death guard,etc. Thoughts? I'm leaning towards some kind of flying daeomn prince as HQ

I am going with 4 drones. 2 Spitters, 1 Launcher and 1 mower. The Launcher is the lead, followed by the spitters and the mower. Hopefully as they advance, the fleshmower survives along with the spitters for when they are in close for an assault. The launcher can shoot as they advance and the spitters can soften up before the charge. Also, the spitters are good anti charge deterrents.

Yes, I would bubble the Demon Prince with them. The thing that is hard and is clear to me is that I cant get all of the toys I want in a list, so a 4 drone list will not have some of the other toys available to us, so chose wisely.

Edited by Mack

I sometimes use six Drones, 5 with spitters and one with a blight launcher because I had 1 point left in my 2000 point army. They surround a Daemon Prince with arch contaminator the best they can and always do well. Probably the best unit in the codex.

Crawlers with Entropy Cannons go well with them for some ranged anti tank / big monsters. 

I was thinking about a 2000 point list, I just have the DI booklet though so wasn't sure how pricey the other weapon options get. Yeah I'm kind of rethinking and maybe six and a prince is good and fluffy enough with the numerology, and will fit into a single outrider detachment. So far I've got 3 DI ones and a new kit and a daemons start collecting box on the way.

I've been tinkering with a list consisting of an Outrider detachment with 5 drones and a prince. Then add a spearhead detachment with a chaos lord and 3 PBCs. That leaves 500ish points which would go toward poxwalkers for bubble wrap and objective camping. Edited by Wulfgar76