Transporting minis, any non-GW cases?

Magos_Adephus

I've used Underwater Kinetic cases for my tanks, bought them through work for a nice discount. Those cases are pressure sealed, so that means no dust or water gets inside them, they also have pull and pluck foam so you could tailor them to fit your tank/troops.

KR Multicase here as well.

I have some Battlefoam too, but I don't think they are as "kind" to well-finished miniatures personally. And KR also have options that are miles cheaper than anything BF offers.

On the other hand, BF is great if you need really complicated shapes cut for difficult to transport models, because the more rigid foam lets you have cutouts for things like lances/spears or the exact shape of a banner or whatever.

I go with KR foam inserts but I find the cases are a little on the expensive side, especially when you can get a case elsewhere and transport large numbers of miniatures.

At the moment, I have a couple of the old double sized cases from GW and I just stick the necessary foam inserts in them.

However, I like to play BIG games, so I need a case capable of transporting whole collections in one go. I've found wheeled tool chests to be pretty good for this:

gallery_60109_6402_8518.jpg

You can get three stacks of foam and (I think) it was ten layers deep in the end.

I've purchased a couple KR cases in a group buy so we got free shipping. I am very happy with them. I bought a couple trays and some pick n pluck trays and both are great. Bonus is the plucked pieces can be used for sponge weathering or terrain. I lucked out and was able to get a KR2 backpack as well and I really like it. Bonus is I like to ride a motorcycle. The cases fit in my bike's luggage or I can wear the backpack if I don't want to ride with panniers on.