New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

I wonder if we could fill a brigade using 6x cheap scout squads

It can be done but it doesn't seem to be any good in my opinion in the index version of things anyhow.

Really? 330 points for 6 Scout units. You can mix and match bolt pistol and combat blade and Astartes shotguns. They are great for bubble wrap because they can infiltrate. Granted individually they won't last long, but if someone is shooting at Scouts all your other units are doing Sanguinius' work. I really think people downplay Scouts. They aren't solely going to win you games, but for 55 points with obsec they are solid.

Really =) You misunderstood me as I think I was not clear *nod.

The whole post you quote from was intended to be about the Brigade formation.

I did not say scouts are bad, I have been all about the scouts since 8th became a thing.

Definately use scouts for the reasons noted! They are awesome. Use troops generally.

I meant that filling out an entire Brigade formation was doable pointswise, but not that good in the index versions of things.

This being because of the other minimum requirements to fill the Brigade are too limiting for me personally.

It can be filled, yes. It didn't seem any good to me in the list building stage. I wanted other things - Stormravens etc.

Felt I sacrificed too much to check all the boxes on the minimum requirements.

Dual Battalion is decent, especially good on paper if the 2nd Battalion is IG (if you can stomach soup armies).

There is a saturation point where the troop thing is covered in a list I think tho and other units look better to me.

I have mostly run with a Battalion, Vanguard and sometimes another of the formations (All BA) so far in 8th.

This could change to something worth doing (The Brigade) when the codex drops certainly, we shall see.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

I'd love to run Scouts but I dislike the models so much I'll be sticking to Intercessors. That kit needs an upgrade so badly it almost hurts.

The old metal scouts look OK. I still have these guys and they are probably going to be enough for now.

I wonder if we could fill a brigade using 6x cheap scout squads

It can be done but it doesn't seem to be any good in my opinion in the index version of things anyhow.

Really? 330 points for 6 Scout units. You can mix and match bolt pistol and combat blade and Astartes shotguns. They are great for bubble wrap because they can infiltrate. Granted individually they won't last long, but if someone is shooting at Scouts all your other units are doing Sanguinius' work. I really think people downplay Scouts. They aren't solely going to win you games, but for 55 points with obsec they are solid.

Really =) You misunderstood me as I think I was not clear *nod.

The whole post you quote from was intended to be about the Brigade formation.

That makes more sense. I was confused because you have always been a Scouts advocate.

So many preview copies out in the community yet still no substantial leaks!

Hopefully we will see something soon. The red thirst is upon me!

The people with preview copies have been entrusted with them for a reason.  If they're BA fans, then trust me....they will be bursting, buuursting to share the information.   

But NDAs and professional courtesy is really important for this stuff. Only about 14 more hours to wait though!! 

Not long Brothers! 

My impatience is shining through right now. I am too excited to wait so many days for updates. The Refresh button on my keyboard might be starting to wear out from all my clicking on the Warhammer Community site... :whistling: