Stormbolter vs Twin Boltgun

Muckwarrior

There appears to be no difference, can my Kill Teams use Twin Bolters instead of Stormbolters to be able to use SIA? Can I use stormbolter models to represent Twin Boltguns?

How are you getting a second boltgun on the model? The index notes "Any Deathwatch Veteran... may replace their boltgun with two items from the Deathwatch Equipment list", and the boltgun isn't on that list (though bolt pistols are). There's then a second list of "One weapon can be chosen from the following list" which does include boltguns. Am I missing something?

[EDIT: Yes, I am missing something - "twin boltgun" isn't two boltguns, it's what bikers come with as standard. I don't think there's any way to get those on an infantry model.]

Edited by Kolyarut

What about a Combi-Boltgun, the rules for it show the same stats as a stormbolter and Twin Boltgun? I see that Combi Bolter isn’t listed as allowing SIA, but isn’t it just 2 Boltguns?

Also, Imthought Terminators carried Twin Boltguns? They looked like bigger stormbolters.

Edited by Muckwarrior

What about a Combi-Boltgun, the rules for it show the same stats as a stormbolter and Twin Boltgun? I see that Combi Bolter isn’t listed as allowing SIA, but isn’t it just 2 Boltguns?

Also, Imthought Terminators carried Twin Boltguns? They looked like bigger stormbolters.

I certainly hope combi-weapons count for SIA, I'm just painting up a squad with four of them at the moment!

This one seems less clear cut to me but when you shoot a combi-weapon you choose one (or both) of the relevant weapon profiles - boltgun and/or flamer/melta gun/plasma gun. So you're shooting with a boltgun weapon profile, which means yes, you get SIA, but the rules aren't phrased as clearly as they could be here (it could be argued that regardless of what weapon profile it's using, a combi-flamer is not literally a boltgun, but I don't think that's the intent).

Chaos Terminators carry combi-bolters, which are functionally the same as storm bolters, but Imperial Terminators carry storm bolters. Off the top of my head I actually can't think of anything that uses twin boltguns aside from bikers.

There appears to be no difference, can my Kill Teams use Twin Bolters instead of Stormbolters to be able to use SIA? Can I use stormbolter models to represent Twin Boltguns?

Nope, only way to get twin boltguns is on bikers. Combi-X (no combi-bolter) or stormbolters for kill teams. SIA should work with Stormbolters (fluff wise), but it doesn't currently.