Verux' Indomitus WIP

Verux

• 2 weeks later...

These guys are nearly finished. I was thinking of adding some blood the Surgeon's drill but I don't have any blood on the entire army. So i am torn....

All in all a few touch ups and they go in the cabinet. I will not have any Death Guard to paint until my Heroes Series 3 guys come in from Japan. In the current situation I am not sure how long that will take. I do have a knight to convert but again I am awaiting overseas items in shipping.

Guess I am going back to loyalists for now.

0h6icrel.jpgRdLoOTzl.jpg

erzGBmgl.jpgfPYtXl7l.jpg

pAafNvZl.jpgEA4uFeRl.jpg

ZaCQthjl.jpg5nob77ll.jpg

wBDrgE2l.jpgzkfNxiYl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a bit of progress I have made on my DP. Lots of back and forth on this guy as I have had trouble making things work together visually. 

km2DuUel.jpg

Overall I am happy with the direction he is going. I will add some chains / cloth under the front armor panel.

gdGDi7fl.jpg

Originally I wanted large spikes on the shoulder pads but decided against it and made it a bit plainer. I am thinking of adding some exhaust to the back of the carapace. 

SK7pbWHl.jpg

I always stick a nurgling on the model if possible. This guy is mostly here to cover up my poor greenstuff skills.

QzCoLwnl.jpg

This is my first attempt at scratch building something with plasticard. I have realized I need yet more tools to achieve what I originally wanted. But this will do for now.

I hope you enjoy. I have also been painting the Japanese Death Guard models. They are nearly finished and I will post them soon. Thanks for looking. 

So i splurged and ordered the Japanese Death Guard set. I have to say these models are pretty nice. The detail level is great, each base has some details and a nurgling.

Not finished with these guys yet but I have the majority finished. I need to do some weathering and touch ups.

xv6cg55l.jpgSc95pgYl.jpg

fku9lbpl.jpgleiKc90l.jpg

dUTSi8Fl.jpg7YnJYSYl.jpg

I tried something new for the orange plasma. I also tried to make his cloak look moldy.

NCHPy0Kl.jpg019GHqYl.jpg

W1uhlsrl.jpg1XEH8sal.jpg

kKXDhUUl.jpgs2Cdbx4l.jpg

The candles were a neat addition to the model. Not something you usually see in the Death Guard range but I think they turned out nicely.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy. More conversions to come but I have to take some time to finish my sons knight for his Black Legion Army. 

• 1 month later...

I am adding a third faction to my WIP log today. With the release of Indomitus I am finally ready to continue my first army all the way back from 3rd edition.

I started collection in 1999 or thereabouts and although I had little knowledge I dove head first in the hobby. It lasted for a time and eventually I joined the US Navy and my ability to hobby was very limited. I forgot about my hobbies in favor of other pursuits but eventually ( about 5 or 6 years ago) I made my way back to 40k.

I started my original army back up on a whim and soon learned that I was not going to be happy painting skill for this project. So, i moved on to Space Wolves. Which were fun for a time (7k points worth). Eventually, I bored with them and with Death Guard release I fell to the taint of Chaos. Nurgle was my obsession and I loved the painting style it brought. I was able to experiment and further my skills pushing myself in both paint and conversion. 

Soon after my son was taken by the taint of the Black Legion and together we created an army and I secretly practiced my technique for black armor. With his army complete (yeah right) I returned to Nurgle's embrace but I grew tired of it and starting converting` more than painting. I was growing bored and Grandfather was no longer blessing my efforts. I dabbled in side projects ( Imperial Fists, Blackstone Fortress etc) but nothing satisfied my desire.

With the announcement of Indomitus I immediately knew what must be done. I had been in Nurgle's garden far too long and the stench of Chaos hung around me like sweet decay. It was time to step back in to the Emperor's light and there was no better way that to resume my first army from all those years ago. I had improved my skills as a hobbyist, I had gather all the tools necessary for the job.....

But most importantly, I had learned to paint black.

The Crusade Begins!

(TLDR: Its Black Templars)

ogf6fQll.jpg4OxOHuBl.jpg

fWSdKZvl.jpgMR486BZl.jpg

7xVp91Ul.jpgsDNonuQl.jpg

Lots of work to be done but I am enjoying every minute of it so far. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

Edited by Verux

Small bit of work done on this first group. My camera tends to pick up more blue than shows in person but I think it looks nice. 

I have laid down base colors on one model and it looks good but I may blend some darker red on the rifle. 

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome and hope you enjoy!

MptBPePl.jpghyDCZwdl.jpg

FpmLmpYl.jpgUA6Fj9gl.jpg

Slow going on theses as I have had spend the last few days travelling due to the family. I am making some progress however. 

Currently I am having trouble deciding on the color for the volkite and power swords. Blue being the front runner so far. 

C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

Qq4TSXDl.jpgIR0oxCsl.jpg

nIMSBkpl.jpg6gHJ7LEl.jpg

3s68HMpl.jpg

More progress on the Templars. 

Swords done! They dont seem to show as much aqua in the photos as in real life. Blending is still not my strongest suit.

L03JSfbl.jpgbO5kEVAl.jpg

vzXudDYl.jpg

Shields are complete. Writing is also not my strongest skill but I am happy with it. More practice needed.

NCSv8oDl.jpggbK3Rybl.jpg

Scabbard and volkite complete on the Lieutenant.

57qdJkpl.jpg VX0HMftl.jpg

And I have some more marble bases in the works. Hoping to get some paint on them tomorrow.

TYkI03gl.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy and C&C is always welcome!

Finished with this group aside from transfers which I have on order. 

Pretty happy with how they turned out overall. I need to work on blending and lettering but I am proud of the attempt. 

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking! C&C always welcome.

aQSvW7Fl.jpgyvi5gcPl.jpg

W8dyDQ6l.jpgPXLUP32l.jpg

oivdiNsl.jpgW1ouXPkl.jpg

otiqXexl.jpgVH6a8F4l.jpg

dA9CQgcl.jpgdFBxipIl.jpg