Verux' Indomitus WIP

Verux

Not much going on today at the painting table. Working on this conversions cape a bit. I wanted to stay away from the bright in your face red of the Sword Brothers trim. 

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

GSJA3jZl.jpgXpNYT06l.jpg

I have made some small progress. Things have been slow due to me helping my son prepare his Necron half of Indomitus!  ( dont worry, I have one too that I will work on... eventually)

The chaplain is coming along nicely. I need to blend some of the sculped rock into the marble base for him.

T4k44Kjl.jpg

The simply converter Judiciar is looking good aside from the chip on his cloak that may have happened while I did transfers.

99JGBcdl.jpgrpdaubil.jpg

I repainted the gold and eyes of the Bladeguard as I was not happy with the original. I also did some small changes to their heraldry and added the transfers.

2tSUuaxl.jpgBLYNlajl.jpg

I have a 10 man assault squad, the eradicators and the ancient ready for primer. Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy!

Thanks all. I appreciate the compliments as always!

Majkhel, I followed a tutorial for the marble and I will try and find the link for you. It involves a dried and stretched make up wipe courtesy of my daughter's cabinet.

I used the airbrush for a black base coat then spotted 3 greens randomly. Once dry take the dried wipe and secure it around the base. Add the greys which leave the green veins underneath. Let it fully dry and removed the wipe slowly to avoid any peeling.

I then used a satin varnish and painted the rest by hand. My biggest tip would be to let each individual grey dry before moving on or they pool a bit under the wipe

Hope it helps and feel free to ask if you need any advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLVE1q0fGDA&list=WL&index=7&t=0s

Edited by Verux

Still working on the first indomitus box. Assault squads are next on the list.

Waiting on some more decals to arrive for these guys.

PJ44ccsl.jpg18G366nl.jpg

qWcggSnl.jpgNnlFAoml.jpg

STGMkO4l.jpgLKENzwUl.jpg

jUlVlcjl.jpg2jlIiyOl.jpg

h3XF2RHl.jpggKrQ6sql.jpg

I I may repaint the last chainsword as it reminds me of a Space Wolf. Either way lots more to paint.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

Added a bit of work to the Templars.

4VSw54Sl.jpgM5bgW1bl.jpg

Took a break from the assault marines to work on the eradicators. 

4FGSz9ol.jpg4tXML62l.jpg

oIACWvgl.jpguBFP1UEl.jpg

6whAfkIl.jpgUMIyaXRl.jpg

I debated on the robes for the Ancient. I settled on red but I would probably do standard white on the second one. Still needs a bit of blending work.

zT1OLSnl.jpg5xqwNBWl.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy. 

the recent DP is outstanding and your BTs are jaw droppingly good

Thank you. I am very proud of the DP conversions and the crisp painting style of the Templars is refreshing after painting so much nurgle.

Just discovered your thread thanks to your comment in mine. Man, I feel even more honored by your words. What an excellent hobbyst you are. Your Nurgle stuff is simply mind-blowing (those DPs?! Sweet scab-eaters): such a superb force, both conversion and painting-wise.

Those BTs are looking crisp indeed! Solid paintjobs and amazing bases. All-around neat stuff.

Just discovered your thread thanks to your comment in mine. Man, I feel even more honored by your words. What an excellent hobbyst you are. Your Nurgle stuff is simply mind-blowing (those DPs?! Sweet scab-eaters): such a superb force, both conversion and painting-wise.

Those BTs are looking crisp indeed! Solid paintjobs and amazing bases. All-around neat stuff.

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoy them and hope you might find something to aid you in this amazing hobby.