Resin Required ?

Yeah I am just saying its only a matter of time until they retcon it. 
The Imperium are really obsessed about holding onto the past as much as possible. 
I dont seem them breaking the Emperors own armour into millions of pieces to place it inside a crux terminatus, especially on terminator suits which are used in the most grievous of fighting situations. 
I mean it has already been retconned that only the suits of TDA that were in loyalist possession straight after the heresy had fragments, and all new suits (still bearing the crux terminatus) dont have said fragments. 

I don't get why anyone would even want to use indomitus instead of cataphractii or tartaros, easily the ugliest TDA pattern.

I mean, I have no problem with anyone using that (or Mars vehicles) against me, I just think it looks awful.

Yeah ... but you do realize that looks are individual taste right?

Like I'm not a fan of MK II or V or VI ... but do I want them not to exist?  No ... do I have any problems with people using them? No ... 

I also wouldn't go around telling people their aesthetic choices look awful ... 

As for why Indomitus ...

rules wise: with storm shields they have the same save but indomitus can run where as cataphractii can't.

fluff wise: Imperial Fists are noted for using that pattern ... I don't know about the other legions because I haven't read them all.

Back to the topic at hand, I think OP should ease himself into FW resins by adding upgrade kits to plastic infantry.  The pieces are small enough that you can fix warpage with a normal hair dryer, and you'll get a feel for how it cuts differently from plastic.  Those parts are also less likely to need sanding, which is relatively dangerous with resin (do it under running water and/or wearing a mask - resin dust scratches the inside of your lungs).  Granted, it's not too hard to build an army using only plastic 40k bits.

I think it's actually easier to assemble a Land Speeder Javelin than a plastic Land Speeder, but the latter work well in the game, especially with graviton guns.  Attack Bikes don't have an Outrider-styled equivalent so you can use those too, ideally with Mk IV torsos and heads.

The easier plastic+resin tanks to assemble are probably the Land Raider Mk IIb (plastic LR + resin sponsons and front hull piece) and the Fellblade family.  In those cases it's kind of nice to have the plastic pieces to keep everything straight and square.  I don't think the Deimos-pattern Rhino-chassis variants go together as easily - it's easier to build an all-resin Sicaran than any of them.  

Avoid the Storm Eagle/Fire Raptor, they need to be redesigned imo.