Different views on ability of Adeptus Astartes to upgrade

Epsolonofthe5th

in dark imperium we are told the indomitus crusade lasts for 116 years. The Indomitus crusade is the one where the unremembered sons (all the primaris initially) fight. As the crusade goes on and Guilliman gets to chapters he effectively offloaded marines to them. So yes, Service studs are a thing for primaris.

In the Dark Imperium novel, it explains the background of one of the primaris marines.

It states he was already a space marine at the time of the emperors great crusade prior to being put into a tank by Cawl and undergoing the change to primaris. So it is official in black and white.[

So found this on one of the UM boards. What are the thoughts I haven't read DM so cannot comment.

Would this be the next round of codexis with reprints and Priming some characters or even building new ones in to the lore...

i've read DI, and don't remember that scene, i will do a text search.

Nope.

Unless someone can provide a chapter and quote, I'm not convinced, I just did a number of searches for various terms (cawl, crusade, emperor, during the, had been) and not one of them brought back a scene as described.

I know that many of the primaris marines were ASPIRANTS from after the great crusade.  But not actual marines that had undergone the process of being created.

Edited by Blindhamster

They said it was possible in a twitch video before 8th ed came out.

But nothing since.

We can hope it turns out to be true. I feel like they hinted at it a bit during Fridays blood angel session on twitch, when directly asked if we would see primaris versions of any characters they said something along the lines of not at the moment but who knows about in the future.

They said it was possible in a twitch video before 8th ed came out.

But nothing since.

We can hope it turns out to be true. I feel like they hinted at it a bit during Fridays blood angel session on twitch, when directly asked if we would see primaris versions of any characters they said something along the lines of not at the moment but who knows about in the future.

Guys, it's just a matter of when.

After they have redone all codices, what else can they give to Space Marines for next years release schedule?

While they will be available for a few years, I doubt they will re-do old kits.

So all there is would be new Primaris Units... or... characters.

Newly invented Primaris, almost no-name, characters no one identifies with? Would you buy them?

...or a Primaris Ragnar Blackmane, who can fight even better in Russ' Honour?

A Primaris Cato Sicarius, able to live up to be the prime example of Guilliman's Sons?

A Primaris Azrael, a large, proud knight of Caliban?

A Primaris Mephiston, the Wrath of Sanguinius - bit amplified to even greater heights?

A Primaris Vulkan He'Stan, with an additional Artifact of Vulkan he found, on top?

...and so on.

So from a world-building/expanding fluff/living story perspective (and a money making perspective), shutting the door of "Old Marines can be transformed into Primaris" would be really restricting and arguably dumb.