Chapter approved leaks

Chris521

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5U_nflpU2/

We didn't have a thread on this yet.  Seems to be a lot to talk about.

Some highlights:

conscripts are 4 ppm

Manticore +10

Wyvernn +10

bs 3+ metal +5

FW: don't buy our stuff

TLDR GW doesn't know what they're doing

Edited by Chris521

Conscripts are 4 points

Astropaths are 30.

The less mobile, fewer wounds Earthshaker Carriage is now more expensive than the Basilisk.

Tbolts went up 25 points.

Lightnings went up 30.

I am containing some serious nail spitting rage right now. Seems like Feral was right, someone's out to F-... er have unwanted intercourse with us.

Conscripts are 4 points

Astropaths are 30.

The less mobile, fewer wounds Earthshaker Carriage is now more expensive than the Basilisk.

Tbolts went up 25 points.

Lightnings went up 30.

I am containing some serious nail spitting rage right now. Seems like Feral was right, someone's out to F-... er have unwanted intercourse with us.

On the other hand, if I've done my math right, primaris psykers went up only 6 points, which we really can't complain about.

And BS3+ meltaguns, which were mediocre to begin with, got a big price increase. It looks like grenade launchers really will be the default special weapon for vets, simply because all the other options are pointless or extra expensive.

Lightnings were pretty meh before, tbolts i felt were good but not amazingly so compared to equal price of tanks.

As Tirak says, pretty annoyed with many things there while happy with others, mostly annoyed though on the guard side of things.

They price increased the damn salamander command vehicle... by 25 points! It was deemed not useful before lol.

edit: I think they did this to remove FW from comp, least thats how it seems.

Edited by Mitchverr

I can understand the change to pyskers to stop the spam but the rest of it seems a bit much... Especially the forge world stuff. Though that part doesn't seem to be specific to the Guard as a lot of other forge world stuff got a price hike as well.

The change to Melta Guns hurts... I was a fan of using a full Melta Vet squad in Valkyrie/Chimera. Though it isn't as big a difference compared to the Plasma price difference thankfully.

Nice to see Autocannons reduced. I still don't think people will bring them but anything cheaper would be a bit much.

Wyvern increase, where did that come from? Nobody was using them seems a bit random...

Surprised they change only the Vanquisher and not the Exterminator/Eradicator as well... Exterminator especially since regular autocannon got a price discount.

Yeah 3++ has a full page leak as well. Command rod got points now. Happy about the autocannon decrease. Not looking forward to this :cuss every year. My codex is going to have more sticky notes and reference pads in it than actual original print.

Conscripts are up 1 point – I think that ends that yes?;

Manticore is up 10 points;

Primaris Psykers are up 10 points (still dirt cheap);

Astropath up 15;

Taurox up 10 points and Taurox Prime up 15 along with Hot Shot Volley Guns increasing by 1 point and the Taurox Gatling Cannon going up 2 points;

Meltagun prices went up 5 points on 3+ to hit models for AM;

Command Rod now costs 5 points;

Wyverns up 10 points;

Ratlings up two points each;

Power Fist down 2 points to 8;

Vanquisher Cannon down 5 points;

Autocannons down 3 points! (for AM);

Primaris psykers had their base cost increased by 10, but the mandatory force stave went down by 4 points, so the actual increase is only 6.

Well that is unfortunate, many of those literally make no sense.

I havent checked the rest, but I hope other armies are getting increases as well.

I guess the stimulating part will be re-tuning all our lists.

Seems like Feral was right, someone's out to F-... er have unwanted intercourse with us.

Hm, I don't even remember saying that, but then again, I :cusspost a lot, so whatever. Edited by Feral_80

My AdMech buddy is happy that a lot of their weapon and character point costs decreased. Heck, Cawl got a 10 point decrease.

The only reason I am not in panic mode: the rules associated with these point increases might change. Might conscripts follow all orders now/again?

Edited by Hoodsgate

After seeing the great changes to Mechanicus to make everything cheaper,  I was excited to read the Guard changes, to find a bunch of imbecilic nonsense.  17 point meltaguns?  Really?  On a T3 W1 Sv5+ trooper?  This is more of the same Commissar and Ynnarii idiocy.   Just when I started warming to hellstrike missiles as a ghetto-lascannon, they make them 30 points?  And hilariously, they just reprinted Stygies Thunderers' point cost, without fixing the underlying cost of it having to pay for its demolisher cannon instead of getting it for free.  The astropath change is downright silly, why wouldn't I pay 6 extra points for a full Primaris now?

My FW-heavy Chaos fared even worse.  I guess it's a good thing Horus Heresy is sticking in 7th edition, 30K is the only place I'll be putting down power armored boots.

I do see Krieg at the bottom left on one of the pages, but the costs seem to be the same... which is strange to include (see Thunderer's plight above).

Edited by Withershadow

Lol, I had such high hopes for 8th edition, but it's just turning into a constant nerf-fest. What happened to all that play testing they said they did? A few tweaks are to be expected after a new edition and maybe when a new codex drops, but usually they're just clarifications for poorly worded rules! They're introducing so many new changes to the game I'm starting to think that we'll be playing 9th edition by Christmas! :rolleyes: 

Anyone else finding it funny that guardsmen and conscripts cost the same? I mean WHAT? why? for 0 points, you get +1bs,ws,+3LD..... I mean? anyone else finding this strange, were blocks of 20-30conscripts really that bad?

Primaris psykers may have gone up, but inquisitors didn't...... Wut? for 9 points now, you gain LD 9 bubble +1 save and +2 attacks..... again Wut?

I feel like GW has no idea how to handle conscripts so they are making them irrelevant. The points cost increases are really odd though. I'm not taking a power fist, period. The meltagun is wierd too, a gun that was already overshadowed by plasma, now even more so.

Does anyone have any idea why railings would go up two points?

I guess because their damage per point was far above most other snipers in the game. They still were not great in practice ( because they die from a stiff breeze and snipers are mostly bad either way), but considering I saw people (who never played against them, but compared their own armies snipers to them) complain why guard gets such overpowered snipers, I can’t say I’m surprised.

Just when I started warming to hellstrike missiles as a ghetto-lascannon, they make them 30 points?

That makes no sense at all. Although it raises a question - if that hellstrike price increase is in a separate FW section, does it apply to the Valkyrie?

More reason to take Vendettas, I guess..

The astropath change is downright silly, why wouldn't I pay 6 extra points for a full Primaris now?

I might still take one just for ignore cover.

I do see Krieg at the bottom left on one of the pages, but the costs seem to be the same... which is strange to include (see Thunderer's plight above).

BS3+ got moved into the "must pay more for plas/melta" stuff. They also added the twin heavy stubber for 8 points.

BTW guys, twin autocannon is a thing in guard right? IIRC 25 points? Did that get touched at all because right now its more expencive isnt it to field twin autocannon vs 2 single autocannons?

Lastly for people confused on anything, as I said above and in another thread, I feel that whoever did the guard changes doesnt like guard/fw or doesnt know how to balance well, 2 prime examples are the salamander command and the ratlings, "good in theory" but were avg to poor in practice. So yeah, I expect that this book... again.... will be FAQed madly...

Personally I would refuse to use it on the principle that we currently need 4 damn books with us at all times to field the correct guard equipment. the index, the codex, the fw index and now this, on top of which we must also field the FAQs. I thought they were taking the mik in 7th with admech needing to have 4 books aswell (white dwarf, 3 codexes, pdf for some formations). This ofcourse is before we get MORE FAQs...

So personally, even if i was using it for admech I wouldnt blame my guard opponent for not having it.

edit better pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/qwZAG

further edit: It says "if these blah blah heavy weapons team" and names the death korps command squad with the correct **, does this mean we can form command squad HWT?

Edited by Mitchverr

Can we choose to just not buy Chapter Approved? Because at this point we're being asked to pay money specifically for the purpose of making our army worse.

Tourney players don't have a choice. My list just got gutted by this change and needs to be completely reworked, which as you might imagine is more than a little annoying.