Chapter approved leaks

Chris521

OK, I cant access any of the leaks from where I am, did any of this FW stuff change:

Valdor?

Colossus?

Medusa?

macharius chassis and turrets(I have all but the basic one)

Malcadors improved any?

Any Elysian changes worth noting aside from the meltagun thing and the like week ago change to command squads?

None of those things changed, except Armageddon Medusas are now 115 and Medusa carriages are 100.

Everything else still sucks, including my three very sad Malcadors.

Yeah honestly a much better solution would have been to give the higher cost for just Scions. Which is a thing they could have easily done just like in the Tyranid codex where upgrades/weapons have different costs for monsterous creatures etc.

Any Elysian changes worth noting aside from the meltagun thing and the like week ago change to command squads?

Elysian command squads noted as being able to take heavy weapons, but they dont say which lol.

Also, thunderbolt, avenger and lightning got hit by points increases, given elysians rely on air support, this might be a thing to note, IIRC its 25-30 points each and hellstrikes also went up 10 points each, so a thunderbolt with hellstrikes is now 65 points more expencive.

Yeah I use vultures and valks so no big deal on the jets although I was going to get an avenger in the future. Surely FW will notice the lack of selling of Malcadors due to the piss poor rules on them. They need to be cheaper than Leman Russes at the price they currently have except maybe the Burninator version. I dont remember, is that a reduction on the Medusa? It already was over priced with its low number of shots and damage.

Yeah I use vultures and valks so no big deal on the jets although I was going to get an avenger in the future. Surely FW will notice the lack of selling of Malcadors due to the piss poor rules on them. They need to be cheaper than Leman Russes at the price they currently have except maybe the Burninator version. I dont remember, is that a reduction on the Medusa? It already was over priced with its low number of shots and damage.

LOL, come on man.  The Armageddon medusa went up 12 points, the carriage went up 20.  I think the only real IG FW things that went down in cost is the Gorgon and the Hydra battery (this being one of the few autocannon-armed vehicles that actually benefit from the cost reduction to autocannons).

I use Valkyries and Vultures too, but I was really starting to like using Valkyries with lascannons and hellstrikes to provide anti-tank to match the anti-infantry capability of the Vulture.  It wasn't amazing, but worked relatively well.  A 10-point hike on the missiles hurt.

Hotshot volley gun is another thing that went down from the index to the codex and right back up with chapter approved.

I also noticed some strange discrepancy with Krieg vehicles. The storm chimera was already paying 5 points for the special rule of getting +1 to saves vs. S4 and lower weapons, and now it has to pay an additional 10 points for the upgrade.  It wasn't a great tank to begin with.  The autocannon discount helps, but that was always a poor choice for a non-Tallarn Chimera anyway.  Meanwhile, the Alpha Pattern Russ gets the same rule for free. Bizarre.

Edited by Withershadow

I use Valkyries and Vultures too, but I was really starting to like using Valkyries with lascannons and hellstrikes to provide anti-tank to match the anti-infantry capability of the Vulture.  It wasn't amazing, but worked relatively well.  A 10-point hike on the missiles hurt.

I'm not sure that the hellstrike increase applies to Valkyries.

For a start, the point increase is only in the FW section of the book, it isn't mentioned in the Codex section.

Second - and this is hair-splitting of the first order - the weapon system actually has a different name: in the FW index it's "hellstrike missile", but in the codex it's "hellstrike missiles"

I use Valkyries and Vultures too, but I was really starting to like using Valkyries with lascannons and hellstrikes to provide anti-tank to match the anti-infantry capability of the Vulture. It wasn't amazing, but worked relatively well. A 10-point hike on the missiles hurt.

I'm not sure that the hellstrike increase applies to Valkyries.

For a start, the point increase is only in the FW section of the book, it isn't mentioned in the Codex section.

Second - and this is hair-splitting of the first order - the weapon system actually has a different name: in the FW index it's "hellstrike missile", but in the codex it's "hellstrike missiles"

At the beginning of the section it says to take the changes on a per faction basis. It's a universal change.

Do you think the increased cost of Tempestor Primes will make them less appealing?

I almost had a heart attack when I read this, after I had previously realized that the price hike to meltaguns and Taurox Primes had already done a dumber on my list building. But looking again at the leaked pages I don't see an entry for Tempestor Primes in there?

Do you mean Taurox Prime? 

Since I don't play with points anymore this doesn't affect me in the slightest 

This really feels like what GW wants us all to do. I am strongly inclined to start playing PL only if my usual gaming buddies agree.

Do you think the increased cost of Tempestor Primes will make them less appealing?

I almost had a heart attack when I read this, after I had previously realized that the price hike to meltaguns and Taurox Primes had already done a dumber on my list building. But looking again at the leaked pages I don't see an entry for Tempestor Primes in there?

Do you mean Taurox Prime? 

No, the Command Rod for the Tempestor Prime now costs 5pts.

5 points does not change their utility.  Yeah it makes them less equipped and more expensive than company commanders, but they have deep strike and a special Tempestus order.  The Tempestus relic and Laurels of Command work really really well on Primes.  In the grand scheme of changes, a 5-point hike on a model you take one or two of is largely irrelevant, especially since GW clarified you can still take power mauls.  Fists are another common choice for them and got 2 points cheaper, so whatever.

5 points does not change their utility.  Yeah it makes them less equipped and more expensive than company commanders, but they have deep strike and a special Tempestus order.  The Tempestus relic and Laurels of Command work really really well on Primes.  In the grand scheme of changes, a 5-point hike on a model you take one or two of is largely irrelevant, especially since GW clarified you can still take power mauls.  Fists are another common choice for them and got 2 points cheaper, so whatever.

If you're doing WISIWIG, how do you even model a Power Fist on a Prime? Literally the only melee weapon they can hold is that stupid, piddling little dagger.

You gain something in the order of .7 of a wound by spending 20 more points and less flexibility. Not sold on it, but it's now in line with the other russes so it will be an alright choice. Better on TCs though I'd imagine.

If you're doing WISIWIG, how do you even model a Power Fist on a Prime? Literally the only melee weapon they can hold is that stupid, piddling little dagger.

I mean, it's pretty easy to clip an arm off.  I'm using DKOK Quartermasters as my Scions right now.  The first is build as standard who I am treating as being armed with the "pistol of command that fires commands instead of lasers".  I recently got my hand  on the event version with the outstretched arm.  Trying to decide  between giving him a Skitarii power maul in that hand, or buying a Scion Command rod off eBay.

You could use the powerfist with the pointing finger from one of the marine kits (forget which one but I have that fist in my bitz box) and put it on the command rod arm ... unless I'm remembering the bit wrong and it was a right handed fist not a left-handed one. There must be some sort of left-handed fist you could use.

EDIT: Apparently it's from the Devastator box: http://www.sprubitz.co.uk/space-marine-command-devastator-squad-pointing-powerfist-power-fist-x1-529-p.asp or http://www.bitzstore.com/en/space-marines-wh40k-devastator/2615-power-fist-devastator-squad-bitz.html (for example)

Put on the rod of command or pistol arm, clip it off at the elbow, then put that bad bow on there (likewise clipped at the elbow). The first would be pretty big but I think it would work. That's the easiest way I can think of to give a Tempestor Prime a power fist. I may even do that conversion myself.

Edited by Nicodemus Doloroso

I don't use the cloak part for my prime. I gave him the rod and he had a red beret. The rest of my scions have helmets and the colour scheme is blue for the armour. So it is obvious to my opponent which one he is

You could use the powerfist with the pointing finger from one of the marine kits (forget which one but I have that fist in my bitz box) and put it on the command rod arm ... unless I'm remembering the bit wrong and it was a right handed fist not a left-handed one. There must be some sort of left-handed fist you could use.

EDIT: Apparently it's from the Devastator box: http://www.sprubitz.co.uk/space-marine-command-devastator-squad-pointing-powerfist-power-fist-x1-529-p.asp or http://www.bitzstore.com/en/space-marines-wh40k-devastator/2615-power-fist-devastator-squad-bitz.html (for example)

Put on the rod of command or pistol arm, clip it off at the elbow, then put that bad bow on there (likewise clipped at the elbow). The first would be pretty big but I think it would work. That's the easiest way I can think of to give a Tempestor Prime a power fist. I may even do that conversion myself.

The powerfist from the actions of is on the proper hand, but the issue is that the greatcoat blocks the ability to easily fit the first (or any full arm bit). The two options in the kit are the rod and the dagger, but the powersword can easily fit if clipped at the wrist...