Defilers or Predators [As for post CA point values]

Omni

It's tough dilemna for me. I'm actively trying to find excuse for getting defilers, as I like them aesthetic wise (And from times when I played DOWI).

Defiler costs 140 points. Has wide variety of options, and comes with battlecannon (best range in whole army) and defiler claws. Beast in meele, for sure.

Predators' options come down to lascannons or autocannon/bolters. they are cheaper, faster, have better gradation of BS, and are so damn boring... And there's 3 rpedators stratagem, which I won't use as for now, since I'd be getting either 2 defis or 2 predators.

Those are going to be far greater vehicle extensions of Dg, including 2 crawlers, 3 haulers, rhinos, 4 bloat drones, 2 blight drones, plague hulk, and maybe even Land Raider (Proteus would be nice).

Someone send help.

Rule of cool, you want defilers build them into your army! At a distance they will be less effective at shooting (which could be a problem given low ballistic skill and random hits on the main gun)

Predators are good bang per buck (having been on the recieving end of two of them) but if you find them boring pick another unit to be a anti-tank/ heavy firepower support unit

I don't know..

Defilers to me are ridiculous models and if I'm not mistaken their BS is 4+ which I hate in a marine army.

Predators are sleek, murdering bricks with barrels. I like 'm.

Sounds like you think predators are better but defilers are cooler.

Are you competitive or fluff?

Former go predators, latter follow your heart

Predators=a unit that is ment for shoting, that kills things through shoting, and then dies [or dies before it gets to shot if opponent get turn one].

Defilers= a shoting melee hybrid, that doesn't do either things well or even ok. Has some of the worse weapon options in the game [flamers, battlecannon], can't get marked and it cost a heck lot of points.

I guess it depends if you want to points to do something in the end.

Predators=a unit that is ment for shoting, that kills things through shoting, and then dies [or dies before it gets to shot if opponent get turn one].

Defilers= a shoting melee hybrid, that doesn't do either things well or even ok. Has some of the worse weapon options in the game [flamers, battlecannon], can't get marked and it cost a heck lot of points.

I guess it depends if you want to points to do something in the end.

I’m inclined to agree with this. If it was WS 3+ May have given it some hope...but I want to move and not move it at the same time which is a problem

I personally avoid the defiler, it's just not in a great place right now, and my predator build just got a little cheaper, and did me very well my last game.

And as for it being boring; it certainly doesn't have to be. Mine isn't even using a rhino hull. With the abstraction of 8th it's possible to get pretty out there with conversions