DG Sunday night to fight some Aeldari

bozo69pd

So going to do an ITC game tonight against Aeldari. I had great success last time against Iyanden but it was 1500 points, which hurt my opponents chances of downing Mortarion in the first 2 turns significantly. Now its 2k points.

DG battalion

Typhus with miasma and pustulent

DP with suppurating plate, talons, and blades power

17 pox walkers

cultists

cultists

3x units of blight drones with pus spitters

LoW aux

Mortarion with miasma, pustulent, and blades

Nurgle daemon battalion

nurgle DP with wings and malefic talon, virulent blessing

nurgle DP with wings and malefic talon, vitality (heal spell)

3x units of nurglings

1997 points. So with this list I am trying to go this game without warptime crutch/death hex/diabolic strength. Instead I will have nurgle daemon buffs to try to get morty (or any DP if he goes down turn 1)  to do super damage and get healed every turn. I bring doubles for spells because that allows me some back up and to throw down some smites if possible.

I have not tried nurglings yet 8th edition, but with ITC rules there is no first blood. Usually it is super super important to score objectives every single turn, and with them infiltrating that will help me right away turn 1. Besides if opponent shoots at them turn 1 instead of mortarion he probably did something wrong.

My opponent is going to LVO for first time so I want to give him a good practice.

DG victory on a 2.5 hour game (we finished turn 4). I think we both played well, but I made a deployment mistake with my cultists which gave one of his war walkers enough room to squeeze onto my corner. It was an annoyance because I had to divert a blight drone to deal with it. My army and deployment otherwise did a good job of not letting him kill mortarion on turn 1 (he went down turn 3 instead). My cultists died immediately to his 2 units of striking scorpions (as it should be I suppose) and a blight drone got popped which put a couple mortal wounds on units bunched too close. 

All in all I really liked my list. Nurglings had me scoring on turn 1, and are probably what established my lead. Making my invulns and resilience rolls is what won me the game though. Spread out around the board, kill what you know you can, survive the other stuff, and most importantly score those objectives every turn. The demon prince healing my 2nd blight drone for 4 turns had him losing his mind though LOL.

After calling time we played the full 6 turns because the whole game was neck and neck (I had 2 points more than him the whole game, we finished at 21-19). He did in fact manage to table me when Typhus (last man standing on turn 6) failed his resilience rolls to the final dark reaper shots. So the list is pretty dang hard to table.

His list was basically:

Altaioc 1 battalion and 2 heavies

Eldrad, 2 warlocks, autarch, 4 dark reaper units, 2 striking scorpion units, 2 war walkers, 2 wave serpents, 3 ranger units. I think that was it.

Was a very fun game!

Edited by bozo69pd