Confirmed: Primaris have the Red Thirst

Jarl Caldersson

Reivers have a lot of attacks (31 For a 10 man squad assuming combat blades) so the easier chance to wound is going to help them out a fair bit.

Inceptors will benefit from easier wounding in melee (they have their meteoric impact which to me has always made me feel they should get stuck in) and a couple of the strategems will be really handy for them too.

Intercessors are better in melee than before obviously, but our lack of power swords on them means they lack the real teeth of other marine intercessors.

Aggressors will be potentially a little better vs big monsters.

Hellblasters got as much benefit as intercessors (i.e. not much) but they were great anyway.

Redemptors are again marginally better in melee, but I don't think it really matters for them.

Repulsors will benefit from a psyker casting shield of sanguinius on them, but that strategy actually got worse.

Sanguinary priests are better than primaris apothecary as the latter doesn't get the unique BA rule for bonus strength.

There are no good sword relics, so primaris HQ will generally suck.

I have them as two distinct armies, both are BA, my older BA stuff is mostly going to switch over to heresy.

My 40k will be more or less exclusive primaris most likely (we shall see, I may need to use some other units just to make them "work")

I'm not sure this counts as 'confirmed' since this comes from a self-interview in a reply to one question about a novel that may never happen and I'll leave it to actual Blood Angels players to know where the Red Thirst (and the Black Rage) stands compared to 'the Flaw'' but according to Guy Haley:

Q – Any more Blood Angels novels in the offing?
A – I definitely want to write a third book at some point. It’d be interesting to see how the Primaris Space Marines integrate themselves into the Blood Angels and how they deal with the Flaw. I’d also like to visit the incident that saw Dante appointed as Chapter Master. I only go so far as his captaincy in Dante, and there are no flashbacks in The Devastation of Baal to carry that on. But at the moment there are no firm plans.

Bold and underlined fonts mine.