Random Canoness thoughts

Lord Grimskull

I've been mulling around an idea: frustrated with no Terminator equivalent and wanting to stay in faction I started looking at some stuff.

If you throw a power maul on a canoness, you can have a make shift 'squad' of them for about the same points as a squad of terminators with ccw and stormshield.

I'm thinking about running them with pistol upgrades (if points allow) in a rhino with a min sister squad as a wound buffer in case they pop the rhino.

I wanna call it something like an Oblatia squad like from DH, or Nephilim squad... You know, something fluffy/fancy.

What do you folks think?

How about a Supreme Command Detachment of tooled up Canonesses with ablative Celestians? You could call them a Conclave, paint them up in different Order colours.

I can picture them touring the battlefield like visiting dignitaries: "And over here you can witness my Order persecuting heretics. Feel free to have at any that come close, there's plenty to go around."

Or, the Major Orders have more than one “Canoness”

Colloquially, one says Canoness to refer to the Canoness Superior of an Order, but the Sister in charge of a force larger than a mission up to 200 (mission size isn’t stated) is a Canoness Commander and 201 to 1000 is a Canoness Preceptor. If you take these to be permenant ranks one is promoted to rather than temporary designations based on how many Sisters you happen to be leading at the time, you could have a group of Canonesses from one of the Major Orders. Minor Orders would be unlikely to have more than a few Canonesses in my opinion.

I went back and forth on 4 with a priest or 5. I think I preferred the better ws/bs and armor save on the Canoness, but please share if you get a chance to run it with the priest.

I'm planning on 4 mauls and the relic on the 'superior' though I really like the decreased cost on the evicerator. But also maul+inferno pistol is only 1pt more than evicerator

Ahhh! So many options!