Assault Marines: a revelation!

9x19 Parabellum

Crimson exarch posted a list by the ITC blood angels top ranked player, it was a brigade, I think it went something like this

Captain

(Artisan of War)

w/jump Pack/Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield

Mephiston

Sanguinary Priest

w/Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest

(Angel's wings)

w/jump Pack

X6 5 man scout squads

w/blades

5 sanguinary guard

W/encarmine blades/angelus bolguns

Sanguinary ancient

(Standard of sacrifice)

W/encarmine blade/angelus bolguns

5 sternguard

w/power weapon

7 assault marines

W/power sword

7 assault marines

W/power sword

7 assault marines

W/ power sword

5 Dev marines

W/Lascannons/3 heavy bolters

5 Dev marines

W/Lascannons/3 heavy bolters

5 Dev marines

W/4 heavy bolters

Drop pod

W/storm bolter

When I add this up there's still points to play with, if I remember correctly he had some hand flamers scattered throughout aswell, seems fun, jumping one of the assault marines squads around to keep collecting objective, could work but it's blood angels on hard mode.

Very very cool and very BA list this.  But, that guy must be a very good player- this list is damn tough to play well.  

I don't see how that list would handle an opponent that had a lot of armor/monsters. HQ's can only do so much, and it has a laughable 2 lascannons and the sternguard for taking on tough targets at range.

Hell, an army of Berzerkers in rhinos would give this list absolute fits if their opponent knew what they should do. (AKA hide in your metal bawkses until the scary HQ's have to charge them to pop said rhinos, then hop out and eat everything)

Then again, not many lists at upper end of play are running a whole bunch of tanks except razor spam, and the HQ's can probably manage that list if the suicide captain can kill Gman.

Hell, an army of Berzerkers in rhinos would give this list absolute fits if their opponent knew what they should do. (AKA hide in your metal bawkses until the scary HQ's have to charge them to pop said rhinos, then hop out and eat everything)

And then those berserkers lose as they spent the game in boxes instead of capping objectives like the BA army. T

There's 6 scout squads and a mobile second line. You can probably block 60% of the mission objectives from the opponent meaning they have to commit to kill the scouts.