DG & Detachments

Charlo

Greetings my Festering brothers!

How are you guys organizing your forces to maximise CP via detachments? How CP reliant are we? Any tricks for this?

I'd like to use Mortarion in 2000pts so I think a Brigade is out... I'm guessing a Battallion and some kind of Vanguard/ Outrider etc is the way to go from here?

While I can't really comment on most efficient CP allocation, I can say that Death Guard are extremely reliant on CP. Most tactics hinge on using them in some way, shape or form... I suppose you can say that for any army these days, but DG seem to need it to a large extent. It doesn't help (or does it?) that our Stratagems are so damn good, lol.

I run two detachments - Battalion and Vanguard at 2000 points, for an (un)holy total of 7 CP. Add Mortarion in Super-Heavy Auxiliary where appropriate. 

It would be cheaper to fill an Outrider with Spawn, but as I always run a few elite choices no matter the list, it's easier for me to do it this way.

Double Battalion is what I'd probably do if I really wanted a lot of CP's though.

Edited by Marshal Loss