CP generator?

CCE1981

Sanity check time.

Ultramarines warlord allows you to roll a d6 for each Command Point spent on Strategems on a 5+ you gain a Command Point. The Blood Angels relic Veritas Vitai says each time you use a Strategem you roll a d6, on a 5+ you gain a Command Point.

So there is a chance, if you have both, you end up gaining a Command Point for using a Strategem.

I haven’t done the math, nore a ton of thoery crafting about how useable it is. Anyone want to weigh in on its usefulness?

Do note that the Blood Angels Relic only can provide ONE CP per Stratagem, even if you spent more CP on it. So if you spend 2 CP and roll 5+ on all three dice... Yes, you get 1 more CP than you started with. By no means will it reliably generate CP. It'll just make you lose CP slower.

Aren't relics restricted to the faction your warlord comes from?

I.e. You can take the Ultramarine warlord trait & any associated Ultramarine OT Adeptus Astartes relic, but no Blood Angels relic, OR you can take a Blood Angels warlord with appropriate trait & Blood Angels relics.

Aren't relics restricted to the faction your warlord comes from?

I.e. You can take the Ultramarine warlord trait & any associated Ultramarine OT Adeptus Astartes relic, but no Blood Angels relic, OR you can take a Blood Angels warlord with appropriate trait & Blood Angels relics.

To my understanding, your warlord and relic do not need to be from the same Codex - simply that those items must be on the appropriate models. I.E., you can have a Warlord from the Ultramarines in one detachment, and a Blood Angels Relic on a Blood Angels character in another detachment.

You get 1 free relic from the (sub)faction that your warlord is from. You can use Stratagems to get additional relics from other factions if you have the appropriate detachments to unlock the Stratagems.

From the Death Guard FAQ:

Q: If my army is led by a Chaos Space Marines Warlord, and I have a Detachment of Death Guard, can I use the Gifts of Decay Death Guard Stratagem to include a Relic on a Death Guard Character?

A: Yes. The only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction. If you have a Death Guard Detachment, you have access to their Stratagems.

So you can have an Ultramarines warlord with the regain command points trait, and if you have a Blood Angels detachment, you can use the Stratagem to get 1 or 2 Blood Angels relics. Note that you don't have to have an Ultramarines detachment to get their warlord trait or the 1 free relic, you just have to have an Ultramarine warlord.

The Approved Relics can only be taken if your warlord is that faction. I suspect the future will have that rule become applied to every faction I.e limiting pre-game stratagems to the army your warlord is part of

But it will definitively work if you are playing in teams, with UM player being the Warlord and BA player taking the relics, add a third player using cadia and you have a CP generation machine, rolling 3 time per stratagem(UM adding extra dice if more than 1 CP spend). I believe a extra relic from cadia allow you to roll per CP spend by your opponent.