Good HQ idea.

Ishagu

I was scouring the Codex and Index options for a cheap and efficient HQ, and I think the Techmarine doesn't get the respect he deserves.

With a single relic and some Index options you can make a really great backfield HQ for a bargain price.

65 Points:

Techmarine

Conversion Beamer

Teeth of Terra

You have ranged fire support and very good cc capabilities on top of repairing Vehicles.

I don't think there's a more efficient 2nd HQ to take unless you're taking characters for re-roll bubbles :-)

It's okay, Firepower, you are good :tu:

Decent idea Ishagu! You should BatRep with him ^_^

I've just bought the FW model with the conversion beamer so I can make my own techmarine with Teeth of Terra :-)

Since you can shoot all your guns, I just like with a combi-plasma and harness.  The plasma cutter is Assault 1 not a pistol, so he can fire it and the flamer and both halves of the combi-plasma.  That's a lot of firepower -- especially if you overchage the two plasmas -- for one model.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a Lieutenant with Teeth of Terra really murders things. I have him babysit my Lascannon Devastators, because, yeah, I want to be extra hateful of tanks. While it is tempting to make full use of that 6" bubble, Lt Dayan is terrifying when doing a Heroic Intervention.

Still, I wish there was a plastic Techmarine kit. I despise resin. With options for a single Servo Arm or full harness or conversion beamer, helmet or bare head, ad mech power axe, pistol options, and a blinged-out out bolter because I would totally give a Techmarine the Primarch's Wrath or the Spartean. Can you just imagine an IF Techmarine in combat, firing off 2 shots AT A CHARACTER, hitting on 2+, -1 rend, and a possible 4 damage?! I mean, by the Throne, a nearby unit gets charged, Heroic Intervention, then, on his turn, Dakka Dakka, at an enemy character in melee. Or, he can just chill, because he can shoot the Spartean into melee, at a character.